• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rock crawling mower style

:popcorn: there needs to be an organized event for mower crawlers! :****: i will resurrect the ol Murray out in the barn for sure! :driving:

Re:

offroadohio said:
We roll alot.

The "mowron" guys run foot throttle. We run lever throttles. I use my old deck high lever as my throttle now

You've got a good start!
What size motors are y'all running?

Re:

I have a 14hp harbor freight honda clone motor and My buddy has a 13hp clone on his wheel horse (the 2 in the first video)

The mowron guys are run 18 to 22hp twin cylinders on thier small chassis craftsmans.

The tractors with out hi/lo trans need bigger hp so they can have speed and power, those of us with hi/lo trans can get away with smaller.

Just like in fullsize stuff.

Mine has a single speed rearend and a cvt type belt system. I cut the deck belt pulley off and welded it in place of the rearend pulley from 8-9" to 4" made a pretty big difference! Still haven't finished that phase need the correct rear belt to make the cvt work like it's supposed to. With just a regular fan belt it'll run in the 20-25mph range hoping for more with the pulley system working right? I left the cvt so it would have low end as well as topend. :driving: booyang

That's cool as crap. Thanks for posting the videos. That would really be a good entry level for people that don't have the funds to go all out.

Re: Re: Rock crawling mower style

al1tonyota said:
Mine has a single speed rearend and a cvt type belt system. I cut the deck belt pulley off and welded it in place of the rearend pulley from 8-9" to 4" made a pretty big difference! Still haven't finished that phase need the correct rear belt to make the cvt work like it's supposed to. With just a regular fan belt it'll run in the 20-25mph range hoping for more with the pulley system working right? I left the cvt so it would have low end as well as topend. :driving: booyang
When it comes to pulleys bigger is better. We leave rear pulley alone and go bigger up front. Smaller pulley means less surface area for belt which equals slippage.

I run 6 inch on engine and 8 inch on axle and get about 25mph top.speed. Which I rarely.use in the woods.

The mowrons mowers will.do 60 out right but with the bigger hp.motors in 1st gear can still power up hill.

f422bc88a9713abc3f167ac9e4c4cd63.jpg

So this video got shared by jeeps with attitude on fb. I've now seen it on southern rock racing page, mad rams page, cop4x4 and hicks from the sticks 4x4 facebook pages. And it now has over 2 million views.

Re:

Yes we do although mine is not welded I am running an extra spider gear which uses the teeth to lock the other spiders together no welding required

Re: Re:

al1tonyota said:
Probably just gonna cut the factory wheel and use it for a flange?
Yep, the 2 holes in the wheels should match up just drill 2 more and you got a 4 bolt hub.

These are my daughters for her mower.
Her first torch job ever.

Factory wheel cut and drilled.
29ab7b1d18e2d066445e9b44d0dc3284.jpg

91dda82015e6fbca326f6e2bdced39e9.jpg