• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rockwells make your sac swell!

TBItoy said:
I'm considering buying my bosses rig (s10 blazer for sale on here) just for a parts donor for my next rig... 3.8 atlas and rocks is pretty dang slow even with 49s

Tried to justify buying another set of tons... It's tough

You buy it yet???

86chevota said:
You buy it yet???

you offering zero interest personal loans? :butt:

He told me I could wheel it whenever I wanted... so I probably won't buy it now lol.

I will bring it to GMP some this summer to ease around the big rocks.

TBItoy said:
you offering zero interest personal loans? :butt:

He told me I could wheel it whenever I wanted... so I probably won't buy it now lol.

I will bring it to GMP some this summer to ease around the big rocks.

Yes on the 0% up front but 10% on the end. **** Bring It to Windrock April 8 :flipoff1:

Well while we talking about steering what's the best ram for a Rockwell. 2x10? Double ended? Some dumbass (me) got tires of fighting the stock tie rod trying to get it out and socket at work cut the tie rod with a torch. Just the lh end not the tie rod so was thinking double ended instead. Is high steer arms needed? Again wanted it behind the axle but looks like front for now unless I get Patrick to redo 250 doll hairs worth of mounts

Thank y'all that's what I needed to know. I'm bout to order another ram

Edited. I swear my auto correct is retarded

i have 2x10 on both of my rigs , tractor supply rams, im only using about 9.5" travel, ive been told I can go further with the ouverson shafts but never have. they seem plenty strong

So I have broken 2 stock inner shafts in the last year, and just ordered a set of overson 16 spline chromoly replacements. How soon will I wish i bought the 2"? Lol

That's what I plan to buy since I keep seeing overson not warrantying broke shafts. I can remember his screen name but the dude with the blue buggy from Florida was running them

SHELBS44 said:
That's what I plan to buy since I keep seeing overson not warrantying broke shafts. I can remember his screen name but the dude with the blue buggy from Florida was running them
seriously :mad: guess I should have asked around more....

AdamF said:
seriously :mad: guess I should have asked around more....

That's just what iv heard. I haven't upgraded mine yet so I don't know first hand. But I do know a few people that have broken them and they didn't want to warranty the shaft

Rockwelloffroad shafts are some Indo-China import stuff. Looks like they have a great warranty (and looks like you'll need it!)

I've never heard of Ouverson warranty replacing any of their 16 spline shafts (I thought they specifically stated no warranty other than mfg defects?). They seem to hold up extremely well in sub 400HP rigs, more than that and you need Violators anyway :dunno:

I'd spend my $ on a set of Violator U-Joints and put them in some 16 spline shafts, then if you ever popped a shaft it would 99.9% likely be at the splines.

Their warranty doesn't cover "blatant disregard for common sense...like running 62" tires on 16 spline shafts"

So that probably means its a pain to get them to warranty 16s ::)

TBItoy said:
I've never heard of Ouverson warranty replacing any of their 16 spline shafts (I thought they specifically stated no warranty other than mfg defects?).

X2
I have always heard no warranty for 16 spines and 100% for violators.

Ive heard rockwell offroad has fixed their metallurgy issue and their shafts take a beating now. I have ouversons and haven't had an issue