• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rockwells make your sac swell!

Re:

I have 16 spline oversons with violater ujoints and have had zero issues so far. If I ever up the hp/torque in the buggy I'll go to the 47 spline Oversons.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Re:

trucker said:
I have 16 spline oversons with violater ujoints and have had zero issues so far. If I ever up the hp/torque in the buggy I'll go to the 47 spline Oversons.

Wasn't the shaft that Dereck broke in JJ's old buggy on your break in ride at Chocco, a 16 spline ouverson? That thing had been beat on for a while though.

I had bad luck with my 16 splines wish I'd just save what I spent on them and done it right the first time I ended up going with RCV 47spline after 3 full sets of ouverson 16splines. And then you look at Randell blaze buggy takes a beating and hardly ever breaks one . Think it mostly depends on your driving style or maybe my shafts where built on Monday or Friday

The 16 spline overson shafts are good but not indestructible buddy that rides with us has a very healthy big block Rockwell buggy that he has beat the living **** out of for the past few years and I have only seen him break 2 shafts in that whole time we have been riding so that sold me that they were pretty tough and I used them in the front of my rig as far as the 2inch shafts go once you see a set in person I don't see how anyone could break them

https://youtu.be/vvm9lVc43tQ

Two shafts in one race
2" shaft can be broke just ain't seen one break because of itself only seen two break one was ouverson and the rearend came apart and wedged everything up and snapped shaft randy replaced no problems

Other was rcv smoked a tree tore the knuckle off and Jammed up everything

NTIDWELL said:
I had bad luck with my 16 splines wish I'd just save what I spent on them and done it right the first time I ended up going with RCV 47spline after 3 full sets of ouverson 16splines. And then you look at Randell blaze buggy takes a beating and hardly ever breaks one . Think it mostly depends on your driving style or maybe my shafts where built on Monday or Friday
Or maybe I just need to give you some driving lessons....

NTIDWELL said:
**** son all I ever heard was I don't have no steering :rolf: :rolf:
**** my steering is fixed now. I really miss beatdown. Think the guy that bought it would let me show him up in it?

When you call him to warranty a 2" shaft does he reply back asking what the f- were you doing to manage that?

Re: Re:

BLGXJ said:
Wasn't the shaft that Dereck broke in JJ's old buggy on your break in ride at Chocco, a 16 spline ouverson? That thing had been beat on for a while though.
I'm not sure if it was an overson or not. But it was 16 spline.

Yes I do have belt slip on that pump, I just added that pump when I did the rear steer and I need to address it sometime, needs more contact so probably another idler or something . Ive been really busy so it's pretty much just been basic needed maintance on the buggy Lately but sometime when I get a slowdown in the shop I plan to fix it. It's certainly wheelable now but the squeal alone drives me nuts

You know what would be cool? To run trailing arms with Rockwells...
#neverhappen
#tooheavy
#crazytalk

Re: Re: Rockwells make your sac swell!

Eddyj said:
You know what would be cool? To run trailing arms with Rockwells...
#neverhappen
#tooheavy
#crazytalk
Already done.

Jerod Yankey's badass new buggy has them.
7fdce38530130ed085440e701d450833.jpg

Latest posts