• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rzr thread spinoff, Financial/Retirement advice/opinions thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TacomaJD

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....
Financial opinions have already been brought up before here, and discussed in great detail. From that, I've learned there are 3 types of people.

1.) People that establish a solid financial foundation and direction early enough in life to be able to afford paying cash for things, or have the self control needed to patiently wait until they can pay cash for things.

2.) People that are good money managers and use financing, but are not "over financed." Who can properly asses what they finance, ensuring they will be able to easily handle whatever the longevity of the loan may be, and pay it off on time or even early.

3.) You only live once! Run my credit, if you'll finance it to me, I'll sign my name on whatever line you want me too. If I can't pay for it, fawk it, I'll sell it....surely I'll be able to sell it, right? Hey, can I borrow $20 and pay you next week? :middelfangers:

I fall into catagory #2, as I honestly lack the patience to save for prolonged periods of time to pay cash for anything remotely expensive. It's just like saving over time, because I'm obligated to pay a payment. Sure some of that money is interest, but the interest doesn't bother me because it's like the fee I'm paying in order to have whatever it is I want, ahead of time instead of having to do without for so long. That's the only downside of my nature, if I want it, I want it now....but only if I KNOW I can afford it.

I've never gotten myself in debt over my head and I've been paying for **** since I was 15. (Dirt bike payments financed in my dad's name).

I wanted to go ahead and start this thread, because like others mentioned, there are things to learn, especially at my ripe age of 27, from those that are older, wiser, that have been there - done that, and can tell you about how it really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts