• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Safety Reminder

LightBnDr

Hey guys, I'm bummed to put a thread up like this. I'm a little surprised it hasn't been mentioned already.

http://www.kxii.com/content/news/Gainesville-man-dead-after-accident-in-Pushmataha-Co-470438793.html

I don't know any exact details, I have never met him. My girls and I prayed for him and his family and the buddies that witnessed it as well as tried to help him.

I can only figure it was due to no seatbelt. Scary

Just a reminder to be safe out there. It can happen to any of us, snap of the fingers.

Damn thats terrible. Always wear your seatbelt. Ive been getting into the habit more of even wearing a helmet.

I saw that , also a guy in Cali same weekend similar scenario was killed wheelin no belt. It aint worth the chance fellas, anything can happen and we all know it can happen fast.

Dam only a year younger than me.........I always wear lap and shoulder belts even on the access roads. It's a pain hooking and unhooking them all the time, but worth it.

Not only the seatbelt but the alcohol. I never understood why people think it's ok to drive their crawler/SxS/ATV/dirt bike while drinking/drunk. It's no different than being on the street except the cops are less likely to get you for DUI.

jpony645 said:
Not only the seatbelt but the alcohol. I never understood why people think it's ok to drive their crawler/SxS/ATV/dirt bike while drinking/drunk. It's no different than being on the street except the cops are less likely to get you for DUI.

Those same people would drink on the street too if the cops were less likely to get them for DUI :****:

I'm a real dork...
Wearing my helmet, using all 5 points on my harness, not drinking all day while wheeling...

I find it funny when people tell you why they are not fully strapped in on a obstacle.
It's just a Toyota it's not like I'm in a bouncer..
I'm in a bouncer with a full cage what could happen...
I'm not going fast enough to hurt anything...
I'm just flying down access roads, I'm not on a hill...
I've gotten to the point where I'll tell someone to put their shoulder straps on. I guess it comes from wheeling with John G.

Very sad.

We have a rule in ours. It doesn't move if you don't have a helmet on and the belts aren't on, not even 1".

A Ford said:
Very sad.

We have a rule in ours. It doesn't move if you don't have a helmet on and the belts aren't on, not even 1".

TOTALLY agree with this.

If you ride in my rig, it will not move out of its tracks unless the entire harness on. PERIOD.

I have been thrown out of a vehicle in a violent rollover because i was not wearing a seat belt, and thankfully the Lord saw fit to show me his GRACE, and let me live, and i am thankful for that everyday. Because i know in a split second it can ALL end.

Even if you just have a "Lap belt" on your torso can get outside the vehicle compartment and you can be crushed, your limbs, head or anything....that is why it is called an accident-you may not think it will happen....but it can, and it can happen at ANY time...even if it is not "THAT BAD"

i hope to see people wearing the WHOLE harness. Wear it, it is not worth loosing you life over.

Said he may have been partially ejected, could have just had lap belts on. Harnesses or parked is the only way to go.

As for drinking and wheeling, ain't nothin' funner :flipoff1: :drinkers: :stir:

Last year I witnessed a guy, who had just got done winching, jump in his exo'd Toyota cab truck to pull it up the trail a few feet, slide off the side of the trail, down an embankment, roll several times, and land partially out the window with the truck laying across his back. He was wailing in pain. He survived the accident with a crushed pelvis and several broken vertebrae, and is still undergoing therapy to walk again. It was the most awful thing I've witnessed in 20+ years of off roading, and still makes me wanna throw up telling the story. Had he been buckled up, he probably wouldn't have had a scratch, as they drove his truck away from the scene with little damage. Buckle up kids.

I have sewn together PRP harnesses. They can be a little harder to put on but you have no choice but to wear at least 4 points. Also, using the crotch strap is actually more comfortable as it keeps the lap belt where it goes and not pulled up.

We had a buddy last year that had a horrible roll in a caged Toyota. He had just put suspension seats and harnesses in a few weeks prior. Had he still had the bench and factory belts I doubt he would have walked away on his own, maybe worse. Another thing to think about.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

GNorton said:
I have sewn together PRP harnesses. They can be a little harder to put on but you have no choice but to wear at least 4 points. Also, using the crotch strap is actually more comfortable as it keeps the lap belt where it goes and not pulled up.

These are the best option for a trail rig IMO.

I had them in 2 rigs, and my DD Taco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please be careful out there everybody. As mentioned above, it only takes a second. Patrick (ridered) and I were riding back to camp last Hardline ride, coming down basically a dirt road (nothing to it at all) when I had to cross over what I thought was a little 2-3ft ditch.. well it turned out to be a 6-7-8ft washout and boy was that a fun ride. We flipped over on the passenger side and slid a few feet as well, shocked the heck out of us. We were both harnessed in and looked at each other and laughed but it could have been bad if not.

Moral of the story: if the vehicle moves, harness up..period. I do not want to lose any more friends any time soon.

Good talk guys.

I didn't know him but he mutually knew a handful of my other buddies. It bums me hard for it to have happened.

Reminds me of an end over end I had 6-7 years ago with no harness. Shook me up for about 3 months.

Made me think of all of the times we wheeled with my daughter standing up in the back seat and us never wearing our belts.

This man was a daddy and a husband.

I threw it up here so we can remember how important those things are. Prayers again for him and his family

c4a6479927b69c0256cfcb9c10ef13d3.jpg

Always good to buckle up. He was moving so a group could by us today. He had his seatbelt on thankfully and only minor damage to the jeep. I'm getting to where I wear my shoulders more and more because of stuff like this. I know I'm not as good about it as I should be but my jeepnnever moves without at least lap belts on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk