• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Safety Reminder

TBItoy said:
Prp will make any harness "pull up style" you have to tell them how long you want the static length part of the lower, so your lap adjuster doesn't end up inside the seat. Very easy to adjust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah the 1 and only complaint i have is how much freaking extra i have but its not the end of the world. If it really becomes a problem i can cut them down some.

BUG-E J said:
Yeah the 1 and only complaint i have is how much freaking extra i have but its not the end of the world. If it really becomes a problem i can cut them down some.

HA, when I put the PRPs in and tightend em down the first time, I could throw the excess belt onto the hood. I cut 2 ft or so off the tails

My best friend lost is wife's uncle last year. He hopped in his rhino after winching out of a mud hole in a flat field. He started to pull off and hadn't put his seat belt on. It fell back in the rut, tipped over and launched his head into the cage. He died within minutes. My rig doesn't go into gear until everyone is buckled. We might just wear lap belts on access roads. I'm bad about that. But I'm always religious about them.

Riding around and using the seatbelt in my Ranger at Windrock made me miss my harnesses. Need to figure out a way to put some in that unit.

My 8 year old daughter made me promise her I would always wear my belts and helmet when in my rig. I showed her a pic of me a couple months ago and I didn't have my helmet on. She looked at me and said "I don't want to see any more of your pics ever again because you didn't have your helmet on"
Which hit me right in my feels, she always waits for me to get home to look at pics and videos.

I told some guy that we passed at Dixie run to put this belts on. Nice little cj5, cage, harnesses flopping around loose.

The way he looked at me, you would have thought I had a 3rd eyeball in my forehead.

Look, I'll be honest. I don't care if you want to be an idiot and kill yourself. A grown man/woman can make their own choices and deal with the consequences. I just don't want to be around, or be the one who finds you, after you get crushed under your rig because you are an idiot.

Eddyj said:
My 8 year old daughter made me promise her I would always wear my belts and helmet when in my rig. I showed her a pic of me a couple months ago and I didn't have my helmet on. She looked at me and said "I don't want to see any more of your pics ever again because you didn't have your helmet on"
Which hit me right in my feels, she always waits for me to get home to look at pics and videos.

Photoshop. :)

Love to hear everyone being responsible and practicing safety but we usually do it reactively after an incident. When I was 16 and invincible, I was the passenger in a van and was ejected out of it and we were only going 25 mph and were hit by another vehicle that spun us around till we hit a curb. It was one of them shagadelic 70's Chevrolet pop top camping vans that popped off and I was thrown some 65 feet out of it and landed on the front porch of a house. I popped up like a cat and did a quick body parts check and all was good. It wasn't until later that I realized how lucky I was and could have been killed 10 different ways. Ever since then, I wear my seatbelt whenever I enter a vehicle whether I am driving or not. So, if I ride with any of you, don't be offended if I buckle up before you hit the start button, it's just my way. :driving:

ADMINISTRATOR

Gregg was spotting when my helmet was not on my head and hooked to my cage.
Gregg as the elder of this board I really expected a little more from you... shame on you
#notmyadmin

Eddyj said:
Gregg as the elder of this board I really expected a little more from you... shame on you
#notmyadmin
You gonna be sitting in the penalty box with jk101......

#neverforget
#fakelivesmatter
#2accounts1heart
#fakeaccountonfakeaccountcrime
#fakeaccountlovetriangle

Eddyj said:
#notmyadmin

I fell and thought I broke my hip(laughing) :flipoff1:

ADMINISTRATOR

GNorton said:
Elaborate and maybe we can learn from it. I have been wheeling for 20+ years and still learn every trip.

I agree. I hate winching. I hate being around winches. If there is a safer way I'm all for it. I need a new cable bad. thats next on my to do list. Right after I fix that stupid tire again.

jeeptj99 said:
I agree. I hate winching. I hate being around winches. If there is a safer way I'm all for it. I need a new cable bad. thats next on my to do list. Right after I fix that stupid tire again.
Switch to rope and you can stand next to it while it snaps and it won't make it to your ankles with enough power to bruise you.

It really has made winching a ton safer

I fought the rope thing for a while, but after about 10ft less cable.....cable ties bolted up in rows of 3.....gettin' stuck in the fairlead...bleeding hands.....I'm on my 2nd rope now, mainly due to age-deterioration of the old one. I broke it trying to clear a huge tree across a trail and figured I only need this thing when I'm in a bind...and it better work, so I replaced it.