• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Samurai buggy on TJ coil springs ??

ALLJ

Gonna build a Sammy buggy setting on TJ coils question I have is do any of you know what the compressed length of the coils will be ? I know that the weight of the tub and cage and the other stuff will vary some from one to another im trying to get a pretty close idea so any info will help

Stock tj front coils are either ~125 or ~135lb rate according to application.

You can always cut coils off the "big end" to set ride height if you miss your mounts a bit.

They come off a Rubicon with hard top I was told
I have a 01 TJ and measured them they should be same spring but the jeep body, motor, and all the other stuff weighs more than the Sammy is going too wish someone that had one on TJ coils could give me a idea

I've built one . It worked great but it had an exo cage so it was a touch heavier . You might want to look into some stock zj rear .in the front an the tj front on the rear just move the mounts up

I could be wrong but I believe that "rednecklights" sammy is on tj coils on the rear possibly on the front as well. But they are coming off.

Thanks guys good info I will look into the ZJ springs any of you know anybody that has any they might want to sell ? rednecklights is yours still under your sammy ? curious how long they are with the weight setting on them the one im gonna build will be very similar to yours should be roughly same weight