• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sand Hollow

jeeppoor

We have a small group of us heading out to Sand Hollow Utah the beginning of May 2021. We are hopping we don't run into any bad snow crossing the mountains (we are coming from Michigan). We were thinking of taking 3 days to get there. This way we can stop and see some of the sights on the way out there.
What are the must stop and sees that we should plan on hitting?

the obvious stop would be Moab, but I'm guessing you've already been there and that's why you are heading to Sand Hollow?
Sand Hollow can already be pretty hot at the beginning of May, if you can get there a little earlier in April it will be a little cooler. For the last five years we have spent 3-4 days in Sand Hollow and Cedar City for the bikes and then headed to Moab for another 3-4 days of riding. This year we just spent 7 days in Sand Hollow, Coral Pink Sands and Gunlock Lake. Views aren't quite what Moab has, but some good riding especially if you have RZR's or go fast rigs for the dunes. Sand Hollow has much more technical crawling than Moab as well. I used to live in Toledo, OH before moving to Houston and I don't think I could drive past Moab to get to Sand Hollow no matter how many times I had been to Moab without spending at least a day there.

the obvious stop would be Moab, but I'm guessing you've already been there and that's why you are heading to Sand Hollow?
Sand Hollow can already be pretty hot at the beginning of May, if you can get there a little earlier in April it will be a little cooler. For the last five years we have spent 3-4 days in Sand Hollow and Cedar City for the bikes and then headed to Moab for another 3-4 days of riding. This year we just spent 7 days in Sand Hollow, Coral Pink Sands and Gunlock Lake. Views aren't quite what Moab has, but some good riding especially if you have RZR's or go fast rigs for the dunes. Sand Hollow has much more technical crawling than Moab as well. I used to live in Toledo, OH before moving to Houston and I don't think I could drive past Moab to get to Sand Hollow no matter how many times I had been to Moab without spending at least a day there.
Maybe we will have to make a stop at Moab.

We just went to moab this summer. If you haven't been go to Arches NP -totally worth it! Sunset, amazing site to watch.

Latest posts