• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Scalia died today

scubajeeper

We lost a great Supreme Court justice today, we are screwed, Obama gets another rubber stamp! It's a sad day in America, God rest his soul, may he rest in peace.

I bet if Obama didn't directly have something to do with the death he was at least jumping for joy when he heard the news.

This is going to change the country forever.

scubajeeper said:
We lost a great Supreme Court justice today, we are screwed, Obama gets another rubber stamp! It's a sad day in America, God rest his soul, may he rest in peace.

Agreed

patooyee said:
I bet if Obama didn't directly have something to do with the death he was at least jumping for joy when he heard the news.

This is going to change the country forever.

we had a lengthy discussion on this earlier we are ****ed. :mad:

As we go to church today we all need to say an extra prayer for Scalia family and a extra one for our county. May God have mercy on us.

I'm sure Obama will appoint someone who is fair, honest, conservative, gun-loving, patriotic, and not gay..........on second thought, he's going to appoint one of his liberal puppets.

Re:

I love how the Democrats are getting all pissed the Republicans wanna block the nomination of the next judge until the next presidential election. Elizabeth Warren is quoting the Constitution and saying they can't do that, as if any of them ****ers I'm Washington pay attention to that document anyways.
Just finished an audiobook on Nullification which has me thinking that might be the best way to go about fixing things. Basically states nullify or ignore any federal law they find unconstitutional. It won't be an easy process either but it might be easier to persuade your more local officials to start paying attention then it is the feds. I've always wanted to get more involved in my state and local government and that book pushed that even more. Some states are already doing it with Marijuana laws and some want to use it as a way to block Obamacare.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Although I don't think Obama will nominate anyone worthwhile, I don't agree that he shouldn't do whatever it is that he's supposed to. Denying him that would be like telling a judge that he can't sentence an individual because he'll be retiring in almost a year.

Furthermore, at what point is someone close enough to the end of their presidency to not get a say? Maybe 4 or 8 years out? Then we'll have presidents that won't be able to do anything because they're time in office is limited so who cares what they think.

By no means do I support Obama and it sucks that he's in office while this is going down but that's just it, he's still in office and I don't believe his duties reduce at all until someone else is sworn in. Just my .02

Beerj said:
Although I don't think Obama will nominate anyone worthwhile, I don't agree that he shouldn't do whatever it is that he's supposed to. Denying him that would be like telling a judge that he can't sentence an individual because he'll be retiring in almost a year.

Furthermore, at what point is someone close enough to the end of their presidency to not get a say? Maybe 4 or 8 years out? Then we'll have presidents that won't be able to do anything because they're time in office is limited so who cares what they think.

By no means do I support Obama and it sucks that he's in office while this is going down but that's just it, he's still in office and I don't believe his duties reduce at all until someone else is sworn in. Just my .02

While this isn't what I want to see happen, I find myself thinking the same thing.