• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

School me on Choccolocco

redneckengineered

Trailer Park Panty Dropper
Hitting up Chocco for a trail ride here soon with some buddies. I have not been since about 2010 and barely remember the place. We'll have a couple buggies, a full bodied XJ, a YJ, and TJ. All coilovers, 40" + stickies, tons, etc. Need some pointers on the park, trails, camping, etc. Planning to primitive camp. We like the good rock crawling stuff, like a good challenge, nothing impossible, and I don't care to hit any of the stupid cartwheel down and total my buggy hills. I've already got a few good tips on trails from board members here but figured I'd post up for more and so that anyone else going can look this up.

Thanks thumb.gif

This is a text from John G back in 2016 that was forwarded to me. I know he really enjoyed Choccolocco. Happy to be able to post this here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180115-191533.png
    Screenshot_20180115-191533.png
    59.6 KB · Views: 111
It's a great park and Trey is a hell of a guy.
Jefferson's is good for food, but I prefer Heroes just south of town.

It's funny reading that text from John because I wheeled with him probably 4 weeks in a row a choc and he always took that route. Watching him work solo was amazing.

Watch out for nails in the RV parking area. :stir:

Nate is the man when it comes to Choccolocco mtn, he lives right there and knows every knot hole in that forest. Trey and Natalie are awesome and can point you in the right directions too. If I was to get an invite, I can help open your beers and can play Dj for the tunes. This place has something for everybody, EVERYBODY. Soft core trail riding to death defying runs that'll sink you back into your seat and really debate the "I hate to party" as you have quoted in your sig line. The typicals are Boat Ramp and Backside, but still are hundreds of other OH ****, Hold my beer trails or creek bed wheeling. It doesn't get much better for the variety of wheeling than here. Plus it is close to town and plenty of places to fill up at. thumb.gif

ADMINISTRATOR

Eddyj said:
It's a great park and Trey is a hell of a guy.
Jefferson's is good for food, but I prefer Heroes just south of town.

It's funny reading that text from John because I wheeled with him probably 4 weeks in a row a choc and he always took that route. Watching him work solo was amazing.

Watch out for nails in the RV parking area. :stir:

There's a Jefferson's local to me in Chattanooga. I've put a lot of brews and wings down at that place.

Just past cooter's is a mom and pop grocery store who fill propane. At least they did 2 years ago.

I always try to be on top of the mountain at sunset looking over the town.

There is always trails to find there. I found a long lose hill last time I was there. It was over by "radio flyer" may have been "wolfs den"
Either way the park is marked off well.

redneckengineered said:
There's a Jefferson's local to me in Chattanooga. I've put a lot of brews and wings down at that place.

The one in Jacksonville is the original first one. Might as well eat there to say you've been to the original one. I miss wheeling Chocc in a crawler. You will enjoy it. I'm sure you will also enjoy the newer parking lot. Things were in pretty great shape last time I was there.

Also if you like mexican food and coronas, Loco Mex has some fine eats and is a pretty nice joint.

I can just imagine John unloading up there on a wed/Thursday and making that exact route several times I've been there a few times and never really realized how well thought out his route was. Not to jump in on your ride but when are y'all going ?

bbone said:
I can just imagine John unloading up there on a wed/Thursday and making that exact route several times I've been there a few times and never really realized how well thought out his route was. Not to jump in on your ride but when are y'all going ?

Here soon....can't you read? :flipoff1:

That route is a good time. Usually do that then head over to boat ramp, tonyas peak, playground area

Yea Loco Mex is the bomb after a day of beer drinking and wheeling! Best Mexican food ever and good cold draft beer, about a mile from the park.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Nate Dawg is your man! Awesome guide! He's great people to hang with! I'm definitely looking forward to a Chocco trip this year!

My favorite part of
Chocco is not paying attention to the signs and seeing what you accidentally hit. I've spent a few nights just bombing around seeing what is around the next turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Re: School me on Choccolocco

kmcminn said:
Looks like a Hampton Inn and University Inn in Jacksonville.
University Inn is the sketchy place known for vehicle break ins unless something has changed. Not sure about any other places nearby. Lodging can also be found in either Gadsden or Anniston for a bit further of a drive.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk