• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

School me on RC crawlers

Toddy

Been around them a few times but have no idea what I was looking at. My 8 year old would love to have one and I can't say I wouldn't enjoy it too.

What do I need to look for? Don't want to break the bank all at one time also. I understand they are like anything else and you can spend as much as you want but I want a good platform to start with.

If I buy a used one what should I look for?

Really like the looks of the Axial Yeti! That a good machine or over priced?

bad80cj said:
it's addictive and breaks the bank. That is all I will add to this thread. lol

Yeah .... What he said.

Buttttt for some cheaper fun the vaterra slick rock held up pretty good to my 4 year olds abuse.

I've got a Losi Night Crawler, I think they're around $300-350 with the remote.

I haven't upgraded mine, it is fun to play with from time to time. I have no interest in upgrading it and spending more $. They are like anything else, you can end up spending a small fortune on them.

I've contemplated buying one a few times over the past couple of years but haven't due to the money factor. I know if I bought an intro RTR crawler, I'd be upgrading it quick and take away from spending money on the actual crawler. I also don't have any good obstacles in which to crawl in my yard or anywhere close by for that matter...so that has helped keep me out of it too.

We have two, an Axial Wraith and a SCX10. The wraith has had a small fortune spent on it and the SCX10 is stock pretty much except the body. They were bought used and both are tough as hell. Wish I had a full size half as tough as either one.
That being said they can be as addictive as crack and cost a fortune when upgrading. They are fun when you have some down time and need a quick crawling fix.

Things can snowball quickly with them. Me and some friends went through a phase of playing with them. I had a Losi Nightcrawler with a couple upgrades bc I'm cheap. Couple friends tied up $2,000 quick in theirs though. Just gave mine to my brother bc he's about to have his first kid. Figured I'd help him be the cool kid in the neighborhood haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b98b233d9467983e1c8f01b0b81b75a7.jpg
fc5a77b88d58e53bfda876d17e2ab82a.jpg

I'll just leave these here and say they're super addicting. Also if you get one you need mini stickies to be cool lol.

I had a wraith for a while. They are fun but get boring real quick without a lot of stuff to drive on. The yeti is nice too, it will handle faster speeds better than the wraith with out just flipping over if you turn sharp. The wraith will crawl better. most people end up spending a lot on upgrades and spare parts. I got my brother a traxxas rustler for his birthday, it was under $200. It's much more durable than the scale stuff and is real fast. Unless you have to crawl I would get something cheaper than axial.

F1675D47-0606-498E-ABB5-0C1D1FFB3F99_zpsr0sagdyr.jpg

Axial Wraith is top on my list. Its fun, tons of afternarket parts for whatever you want to do. Plus with all the people buying stuff to upgrade you can buy stock pieces on eBay for cheap if you break something.

They can run really slow to crawl around but also have a lot of pep and will haul ass at full throttle. Its a nice mix. I have another Axial crawler also but its really slow but that makes it more precise on tough climbs.

Are you looking ready to run or more of a build project? I got a Axial chassis I'd sell pretty cheap. Needs electronics and a few other small pieces to run.

Also for a kid stick with electric. I had a gas powered Traxxas T-Maxx and although it was crazy fast it was not a crawler and the motor is a pain to clean up every time you got done playing with it.

Ask Kush about his... I have a night crawler and a axial bomber. Bomber is fun as can be. All I have done is ad some aluminum skins I made and a 3s battery.

Re: Re: School me on RC crawlers

tnford88 said:
b98b233d9467983e1c8f01b0b81b75a7.jpg
fc5a77b88d58e53bfda876d17e2ab82a.jpg

I'll just leave these here and say they're super addicting. Also if you get one you need mini stickies to be cool lol.
That maybe the coolest ford I've ever seen full size or RC.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I've got a night crawler I'll sell you. Has a extra motor servo and steering arm. Battery and charger included. Pm if you're interested.

I have a bomber I picked up used its a lot of fun. Supposed to be building a race course for them sometime soon.

Lord I got into them for a little while and had over 1k in a pile of plastic ::) You need a good place to go "wheeling" or like said above they will get boring very quickly. Look into RCCrawler.com cause there is a ton of info to get you started. booyang

My son and I have two Traxxas Slash 4x4's I cant even phathom crawling, seems boring. Even in real like. But the slash's fuggggg ya! Sundays we go troll construction sites, and places of dirtwork, and race eachother, set up cones, and race around them. Full drift. They say they'll do 70mph. I dunno seems high.

My son (8yo) squared up on a curb at WOT and pretty much destroyed his around New Years shattered chassis, bunch of the arms, rainbowed the driveshaft, cracked out the steering servo. all repaired for under $100. Replacement arms are like 2pack for $8, full undercarriage of chassis was $20.

Granted I havent started dumping plastic parts for aluminum and what not. Havent seen the reason to yet.

That all said, the Axial Bomber car looks pretty sweet.

I have a axial yeti xl. Fun as hell but lost some interest as I have lots of toys. Hit some stumps pretty fast and broke a arm and tie rod, axle. Haven't bought the parts to fix it but would sell it if interested. Have 2 lypo batteries.