• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

School me on Treps...

Rokcrler

I searched and read most posts about the Treps, need some input on the different compounds on the 40's.
A buddy is wanting some, im sold on my Red's but he keeps missing the deals on Krawlers.
What can ya'll tell me about the Treps?
Thanks guys. :beer:

As far as I know, they are not selling the Comp compound 40's yet. There are only around 6 sets out there. There is one compound too.

Creepies and Krawlers are available, but Treps...only in the 37" flava

Very soft, a bit heavy, super strong sidewall, great side traction, expensive compared to Krawlers, will be hard to get your hands on a set. With all that said I hump my Treps every day ;D

Thanks for the quick help guys!
This is the info i was going on:
Comp Trep:TL00007200
Non Comp:TL00007100

He's got a line up on some tires, my guess they'll be CC, they guy swears theyreTreps ???..

Thanks again gents!

Everything said above is correct. The only tricky thing is that Nolen said they aren't selling 40" comp treps and he's right. Of course they are out there, you just have to be somebody special to buy them.

One more thing, the non-comp treps are very different. The sidewall is thinner, the compound isn't as sticky, the side lugs are just about gone, and the tread pattern is very different. It's not like krawlers where they are basically the same tire in a different compound.

Trep's are for XRRA racer's that want to get in good with Maxxis. The end. laughing1

( I love them shits, I have no personal experience hands on with fancy pants expensive tires outside of driving MattO's junk and watching closely around lots of tires. BFG's win in my opinion )

You gotta no sombody dat nos sombody dat may be kin to da feller dat had a set years ago to get a set of treps,but you can usley get a set of BFFG's at bout any yard sale.Sure hope we can get another set............. :dunno:

POPS58 said:
You gotta no sombody dat nos sombody dat may be kin to da feller dat had a set years ago to get a set of treps,but you can usley get a set of BFFG's at bout any yard sale.Sure hope we can get another set............. :dunno:
Has Adam not ordered any yet?

I am starting a collection at my house, just need 2 more.

Much softer then the creepies. I think it is safe to say there are more then 6 sets out there but if it anything like last year until the comp season starts next year tires willl be hard to get.

Toddy

Toddy said:
I think it is safe to say there are more then 6 sets out there but if it anything like last year until the comp season starts next year tires willl be hard to get.

Toddy

Maybe a few other sets. The only one's I know of are mine, Bigelow, Ken Blume, Kim, Doc Nazir, and a couple of sets out west.

Maxxis told me that the 40" treps will be available to the general comp guys in Feb - but they don't sound cheap

rockwild said:
Maxxis told me that the 40" treps will be available to the general comp guys in Feb - but they don't sound cheap

They are not, about 2k for 4. I will take 5 Krawlers for a couple hundred less than that all day...

wngrog said:
As far as I know, they are not selling the Comp compound 40's yet. There are only around 6 sets out there. There is one compound too.

Creepies and Krawlers are available, but Treps...only in the 37" flava

Maxxis got 150 40" Trepadors in on their first shipment. Since then they have become more plentiful. Where did you hear 6 sets? :dunno:

Matt O. said:
They are not, about 2k for 4. I will take 5 Krawlers for a couple hundred less than that all day...

and i would say that you are NUTS.....especally with the paper variety sidewalls that the KrawlerS have....

Droopy said:
Maxxis got 150 40" Trepadors in on their first shipment. Since then they have become more plentiful. Where did you hear 6 sets? :dunno:
Did not hear, that was from observing who had them when they first came out.

under_psi said:
and i would say that you are NUTS.....especally with the paper variety sidewalls that the KrawlerS have....

I have had good look with the Krawlers and have never seen one fail in person. I will stay with that I have, I have 5 now and I am not paying $500/tire at comp price for Treps.

Matt O. said:
I have had good look with the Krawlers and have never seen one fail in person. I will stay with that I have, I have 5 now and I am not paying $500/tire at comp price for Treps.

understood....however, IF you were in the market for tires, especially where you wheel, you would be NUCKING FUTS to NOT get a set of the treps...

under_psi said:
understood....however, IF you were in the market for tires, especially where you wheel, you would be NUCKING FUTS to NOT get a set of the treps...

I disagree, I could have gotten any tire I wanted and I got the Krawlers.

Im on my original set of Reds from back in the day.... i would try some Treps, but it'd be hard to give up my Reds being that i haven't had any issues with them (other than a tierod thru the sidewall) :dunno:

I would try a set but the sticker shock would kill me :eek: