• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

School me on Treps...

Matt O. said:
Your gayness happened. Wheeled one time in that new buggy. LAME :flipoff1:
WTF are you talking about? Just because I say I want to see a pic of a cut tire? Need I remind you I watched them in XRRA for 3 races get the **** beat out of them and did not see a single one get cut.

bigsilly said:
WTF are you talking about? Just because I say I want to see a pic of a cut tire? Need I remind you I watched them in XRRA for 3 races get the **** beat out of them and did not see a single one get cut.

Oh yea, well I watched XRRA too so there... **** I dubbed that **** on VHS from Cable so I could replay it and learn everything second hand !!

:flipoff1:

This thread is a joke. laughing1

bigsilly said:

good call....i hear of someone ripping up a side of a Krawler almost weekly....

no doubt they are a bad ass tire...however, with all the other options out there, i would definitely be considering alternatives to them, simply b/c of all the sidewall failure reports....

P said:
This thread is a joke. laughing1

FACT, too many variables in tires and rigs and terrain to say what is the best tire out there. Run what you want and what works for your rig.

Kim got the side wall of a Trap. but then again she can tear up anything.

How can Cole get any tire he wants but the guy with his rig on top of th eMaxxis trailer at SEMA cant get a set of Treps?

Toddy said:
Kim got the side wall of a Trap. but then again she can tear up anything.

If I remember correctly that had more to do with the wheel failure taking out the sidewall. I could be wrong though.

P said:
I think Cole meant to say he could afford any tire he wants. :flipoff1:

Yep, Cole can't get **** for tires on his own. Even though he works at the damn plant. Stickies are stickies, we have had 100 threads talking about this subject. Some rigs are better on certain tires and they all have their drawbacks. Reds have the weak sidewall, Treps weigh 30lbs more per tire. It is all a comprimise of what you want and can afford.

BigSilly my comment was a mere observation of you being gay and wheeling your badass rig one time. Stop shooting bambi and having circle jerks at the deer camp and go wheel fawker :flipoff1:

Matt O. said:
Yep, Cole can't get **** for tires on his own. Even though he works at the damn plant. Stickies are stickies, we have had 100 threads talking about this subject. Some rigs are better on certain tires and they all have their drawbacks. Reds have the weak sidewall, Treps weigh 30lbs more per tire. It is all a comprimise of what you want and can afford.

BigSilly my comment was a mere observation of you being gay and wheeling your badass rig one time. Stop shooting bambi and having circle jerks at the deer camp and go wheel fawker :flipoff1:

If my back door opened up to trails you can bet your ass I would be out there all the time. Now if I could get invited on some super cool secret rides then I might have more opportunities to get out and ride :flipoff1:

37" Trep. I was talking about on Pirate.
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2383313720038561203tATwBS

I cut one Creepy in 9 XRRA events this year. I did it on a sharp rock at Jellico. It was small enough that a tractor patch fixed it! Maxxis is the tire to have!!!

was that the one at hannibal? coming across the finish jump headed south? that's the one I distinctly remember, and one other that I can't place, but saw. if it was a rim both times, then, damn, how do you bend the outer bead on a beadlocked rim and bend it back :eek:

Joel, don't you have one tire with a plug in the sidewall? I know at least 3 of them have big cuts int he sidewall.

well some of you know how little I've used my buggy this year - 40" creepies

well I've trashed 2 tires, one has a slit about 3fingers wide that's patched and back on the buggy the other one has 2 gashes about 2-3 fingers wide very close to each other, it's patched and traded to a buddy that cut it for a new tire of his.

All in all he's ran the tires twice, I ran em twice and we've f'd up 2 of them.

the one I did was at disney Sat night and a 42 swamper went in the exact hole I did and didn't cut or have a problem - no clue why.

I got maxxis for the sidewall strength but now I worry abit and will probably cheap out and get Krawlers for next year

bigsilly said:
If I remember correctly that had more to do with the wheel failure taking out the sidewall. I could be wrong though.

The tire that was on when the wheel let go is still good. The tire that has a small hole was done at Hannibal I think. You cant really tell it even has a hole. I need to get it mounted on a wheel and take it and have it fixed.

Toddy

Toddy said:
The tire that was on when the wheel let go is still good. The tire that has a small hole was done at Hannibal I think. You cant really tell it even has a hole. I need to get it mounted on a wheel and take it and have it fixed.

Toddy

Then that one was when she trashed a wheel and kept gettin' it.

And yes, the rims on my rig were bent on the inside bead and that is where the water was spewing from. Rear has been bent as well, just no water in them.

Busted two wheels in half this year. One was the Harlan rock race that she won driving 15 seconds or so thru a rock garden with a busted wheel. It did nothing to the tire whatsoever. It was a Creepy Crawler. Todd's right...driving on the Trep for over half the course just caused a small hole that can be fixed easy.

CIMG0421.jpg

Latest posts