• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Selling on Internet

Eddyj

I haven't sold any large items ($5000+) on the inter webs in years because I hate dealing with dumb asses.
What is everyone using to post items for sale?

Facebook marketplace and forums, at least on Facebook you can put a face with the person being a jackass messaging you.

Facebook mostly.

Except slide in truck campers. I cannot figure out where in the hell people sell those. Facebook and Craigslist has about two of them each.

A lot is being sold on FB marketplace now because it's so easy.

Their buyer/seller rating is lousy though. As soon as you respond to a message from a potential buyer they can rate you.

I had a guy lowball the built SBC I posted for what the heads cost me. Half the asking price. I responded with a counter of the asking price. He went up $100 with a counter offer and then I responded with $100 more than my asking price. He then went on a rant about how I didn't have a warranty like a crate motor and I just didn't respond. For that... he leaves me a negative feedback and then blocks me. You can't leave negative feedback for them once they block you. Asshat.

I hate selling **** over the web. Most of the time I post prices so it just moves immediately and can cut my losses and move on. I don't have time for 100 messages about some $100 used part when I can post it for $70 and the first message is "what's your PayPal"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a28a692e360b093983748ad1aece6148.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Selling on Internet

Are you looking for a slide in camper?
The Luke said:
Facebook mostly.

Except slide in truck campers. I cannot figure out where in the hell people sell those. Facebook and Craigslist has about two of them each.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mdo817 said:
Are you looking for a slide in camper?
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I'm looking into them. Trying to decide which route to go. But basically I've found anything less than 1k has severe water damage, methlab and/or the other half of mikes screwed chickens living inside it. And then it goes straight to around 5k or higher and SUPER nice

Let me also add, I'm looking for a BUDGET friendly project. I don't mind some work to get it where I want it.

The Luke said:
Facebook mostly.

No ****! I've spent two years trying to find a truck camper, either nothing is available, no one will respond, or it's in such bad shape you'd probably die from sleeping in it.

I finally bought one, found it on RVTrader.com.

You gotta be careful on forums too, I told someone i thought I still had a windjammer and he blew my phone up about for like a month. I mean ****, a month, it was free too! some people are just douches.....

jeeptj99 said:
You gotta be careful on forums too, I told someone i thought I still had a windjammer and he blew my phone up about for like a month. I mean ****, a month, it was free too! some people are just douches.....

All that guy needed was a shower curtain gezzzz......... :stir:

poolman said:
All that guy needed was a shower curtain gezzzz......... :stir:

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink..... hell idk why he wants a windjammer, :JRich: dont even got a windshield