• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SFWDA Q&A

I remember this, we talked with...Kristy? The lady who managed the lease property over the railroad tracks. The told us they did not want our help. We also contacted Aetna nation with the same results. I was at the fund raiser ride and the "Final Ride" of Horse Power Hill before there was issues with the access. But that was me personally and not SFWDA. Nor was I a part of the board at that time.
I'm guessing from the responses you've been getting, you have figured out why they declined the help from SDWDA.
Tellico 2.0???
I appreciate your honesty. Your efforts may help rebuild some trust in the organization that so many people feel it doesn't deserve. Myself included.

I remember this, we talked with...Kristy? The lady who managed the lease property over the railroad tracks. The told us they did not want our help. We also contacted Aetna nation with the same results. I was at the fund raiser ride and the "Final Ride" of Horse Power Hill before there was issues with the access. But that was me personally and not SFWDA. Nor was I a part of the board at that time.

We all know why WE ROCK campground didn't want any help, but Aetna Nation. I figured as much time Joey Blevins/AMA has put into the issue they would want help, maybe you didn't reach out to the right people. I am not mistaken the issues is still ongoing on the Marion county side of the road. Nevertheless thank you for stepping forward and trying to get all questions answered.

A good start, Stated. A member participation trail maintenance before a major ride. 50-100 people, and a member clean up ride after, also 50 -100 people, People who do their part for the community and for the park that gets trashed.
Also stated above if a new park needs help, HELP !!!
If they are not good with tech. get them help.. Support don't cost you much.
I do my part , to help any way I can .. for our sport. I do offer to help anytime. I like to help on trails. I'm not real big on cleaning up after others..
As for official SFWDA Help , Many do not want the help if something/control is expected in return.
For my tread lightly !! I have a 100hp Toyota on 43's , top wheel speed of about 35mph.. It don't spin as much as Honda civic in the snow! Sealed propane system,, a few oil drops .. I tread pretty lightly..
Dropping a few bouncer names don't mean much.. Both named are business owners, Them and park owners are wise not to speak out against a large organization of influence / control .
They may not have been told they were not welcome , like i was!

Last edited:
As far as We Rock she probably knew she was planning to sell. My bet is BlackCreek will buy it just to help keep folks out. 114 acres for 550k is pocket change to them.

We all know why WE ROCK campground didn't want any help, but Aetna Nation. I figured as much time Joey Blevins/AMA has put into the issue they would want help, maybe you didn't reach out to the right people. I am not mistaken the issues is still ongoing on the Marion county side of the road. Nevertheless thank you for stepping forward and trying to get all questions answered.

I am more than happy to look into this more, Can you IM me with some contact information so I can get a conversation going? I will be in Chattanooga in a few weeks and can sit down and do dinner with someone. I'm not promising I can save the world, but I hope I can get some support for the fight.

A good start, Stated. A member participation trail maintenance before a major ride. 50-100 people, and a member clean up ride after, also 50 -100 people, People who do their part for the community and for the park that gets trashed.
Also stated above if a new park needs help, HELP !!!
If they are not good with tech. get them help.. Support don't cost you much.
I do my part , to help any way I can .. for our sport. I do offer to help anytime. I like to help on trails. I'm not real big on cleaning up after others..
As for official SFWDA Help , Many do not want the help if something/control is expected in return.
For my tread lightly !! I have a 100hp Toyota on 43's , top wheel speed of about 35mph.. It don't spin as much as Honda civic in the snow! Sealed propane system,, a few oil drops .. I tread pretty lightly..
Dropping a few bouncer names don't mean much.. Both named are business owners, Them and park owners are wise not to speak out against a large organization of influence / control .
They may not have been told they were not welcome , like i was!

I will say that your idea's of trail clean ups after an event is one of the best Ideas I have heard. I am going to bring a big hammer and beat this into peoples head. I have already been doing a little brain storming with our tread lightly guy. Its always easy to hear stuff from someone that wants to kiss your ass. But it more harder to implore ideas from your critics. But great ideas and great conversations come from both. Thanks for doing your part.

I heard from a reliable source one time that he usually spends a minimum of $10k and as much as $25k to get a park back to normal after a massive event. If it rains that number can skyroket. You're talking equipment rental, grading, gravel, employee time, etc. Sometimes these groups think they are doing the park a favor by bringing in a lot of riders but unless the park is set to make a nice profit it could end up costing them money.

Everyone wants to hear the truth,, Till they do!! Then you are an ass !!
I'm a harsh critic. Bad taste in my mouth !!
My face to face with many of your members has not been good..
I have made all my wheeling friends on the trail. Did not know any of them from outside.
Most of the friends I have made is from helping total strangers out of the woods.
I earn respect, I have seen nothing but disrespect from strangers /SFWDA members.
Like name dropping .. It's all about who you are or who you know!! What can you do for me?
To me the sport is not about that.. It's about the 25 something who shows up in his Cherokee or Toyota .
Most of them cant afford your dues or rates.. For them I always have a empty seat.. I offer them what I can to keep them wheeling !! Wish you would support the same !!
Would be a good start to lead by example !!

Maybe go to high school or trade school auto shop or related.. offer to take a group wheeling or free access to an event ?
Find them a seat for the day.. Teach them to respect others and tread lightly.

Maybe go to high school or trade school auto shop or related.. offer to take a group wheeling or free access to an event ?
Find them a seat for the day.. Teach them to respect others and tread lightly.

So One thing SFWDA is offering is tread lightly training. We have had a few clubs take advantage of this, most of them in South Carolina. SFWDA has paid for a tread lightly trainer to come in and teach a class on Tread lightly principles. There are a limited number of spots and sign ups fill up fast. This is something we are trying to get more clubs to take advantage of. Also at our events we have a tread lightly trainer there to show recovery techniques. I know that this is basic for this group. But we are trying to get the knowledge and interest out there.

This has nothing to do with my statement ! What about youth? growth? planning? teaching? lead by example?
The Tread lightly teacher is the one teaching Buggies Bad !! Jeeps good !! I sat in on one of those!! At that point I walked out !
I will Try to bite my tong ..
I will just watch and see !!
Please post examples as they come up !!

Last edited:
SFWDA has also done a video series covering some of these topics. I personally take people out on the trails all the time. I have Friends that do the same. I have taken professors from the University of Tennessee for a recreation thesis. I took out a Forester the other week that has never been off-roading. I guess my point being it's all of our responsibilities to get people out off-roading and enjoying the great out doors. Not just SFWDA, but while doing it it's our jobs to show responsible recreation. SFWDA would like to help get the word out about that.

So what's the deal with charging volunteers? I was going to help with the last event at hawk pride and not ride as sfwda had asked our club for volunteers. My rig was broken at that moment so I definitely wouldn't have been riding.

So what's the deal with charging volunteers? I was going to help with the last event at hawk pride and not ride as sfwda had asked our club for volunteers. My rig was broken at that moment so I definitely wouldn't have been riding.

everyone's a volunteer when the admission is free...

Excluding Children bellow a certain age, everyone has to pay. Billstoy here's where you get your future generations in with free access. This includes board members, Presidents, Volunteers (Also Volunteers are not paid). There are many reasons for this. One is because the money all goes to fight the cause. Another one is so there are not arguments if people are doing enough to justify the cost of there volunteer time. Some people do a lot some people do a little. It's a level playing field if everyone pays.

Last edited:

Latest posts