• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

shackle angle

dodgecrawler2011

Some body critique my shackle angle please. This is with weight of truck it. Might add another 100lbs once all said and done. They are dodge 52 inch springs. It seems to lift a tire before the shackle flattens out. The leaf does flatten out tho. If this makes any sense anywho.

Attachments

• 20140416_144439.jpg
    20140416_144439.jpg
    496.8 KB · Views: 107
Not terrible, but I prefer mine at more of a 45* angle! and the flatter the spring! to me the better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mdo817 said:
Not terrible, but I prefer mine at more of a 45* angle! and the flatter the spring! to me the better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can back this up 100%. Ive got stock yj springs on the front and stock xj's on the rear. I moved the hangers on the fixed end of the spring to get my shackles at a 45* angle to the spring. Rides good, flexes like crazy, and it doesn't seem to have any hop to it so far.

jeepjeep said:
I can back this up 100%. Ive got stock yj springs on the front and stock xj's on the rear. I moved the hangers on the fixed end of the spring to get my shackles at a 45* angle to the spring. Rides good, flexes like crazy, and it doesn't seem to have any hop to it so far.

YEP THIS ^^^
;D

Latest posts