• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Shop Clean Up

L

lowbudgetjunk

Moved in 9 months ago. First day I've had since then to actually clean up. I ripped out a lot of shelves, cleaned up/threw away what I inherited and moved most everything I've accumulated. Special thanks to Andre3000 for prompting me to get on the cleanup.

How it started

57a87eed8483ea9ed5301ef93f4948b1.jpg

Where I'm at now

b0f1dbe58d993cbd92cecae2e593d2b9.jpg

To the dump minus the Barbie Jeep

f84cace8eeae32b3e3245edf866148ba.jpg

Kel Lawrence

About twice a year I go through this [size=10pt]"**** I GOTTA GET THIS **** OUTTA HERE!!!"[/size] I throw away EVERYfuckinTHING but parts for what I'm working on at the moment, then 6 months later, I'm like, "Where is that piece of scrap plate I had?"
:****:

Re: Re: Re: Shop Clean Up

5BrothersFabrication said:
About twice a year I go through this [size=10pt]"**** I GOTTA GET THIS **** OUTTA HERE!!!"[/size] I throw away EVERYfuckinTHING but parts for what I'm working on at the moment, then 6 months later, I'm like, "Where is that piece of scrap plate I had?"
:****:
About the same in my shop. Lol

Sad part is that I only went through a quarter of it. All the shelves still have stuff in them, one wall wasn't touched, but hopefully this weekend. I am typically a chunker of stuff. Wife and kids have slowed me down on getting things done. Wouldn't trade them for anything, but boy time flies now.

Mine looks like 10 pounds of **** in a 5 pound bag about 120% of the time. I can clean like hell and literally 7 minutes later it looks like a tornado went through a trailer park. I have dust/dirt control in my garage. I feel like all I do is move the dirt and dust around with a broom. I do a lot of side work on skid steers, excavators, tractors and backhoes so dirt is unfortunately a reality for me. I had a bright idea a couple weeks ago. The wife got a new vacuum for the house so I took her old one and took the wheels off the front so the rotating brush contacts the concrete and I've been vacuuming the garage. Sounds crazy but it works like a freshly immigrated Guatemalan

I have 7 hours to burn tomorrow......maybe it'll look even better and then it's on to the yard. I still have trees down from the last storms, have to cut and weld up the porch swing.....or whatever you call it when it's on a stand. Stand got a large limb dropped on it and now it's time to get it all fixed up. Then I won't look like the redneck that I obviously am.

When I went to work at the shop I'm at now, I cleaned out about 6 bays that had that much crap in them. Literally filled up the dumpster 2-3 times a week for 2 months and hauled over 3500 lbs of scrap out of it. I finally have it all straightened out after a couple of years. It amazes me the **** people hold on to.

Looks good, makes working on stuff so much easier with some organization. :dblthumb:

grcthird said:
When I went to work at the shop I'm at now, I cleaned out about 6 bays that had that much crap in them. Literally filled up the dumpster 2-3 times a week for 2 months and hauled over 3500 lbs of scrap out of it. I finally have it all straightened out after a couple of years. It amazes me the **** people hold on to.

Looks good, makes working on stuff so much easier with some organization. :dblthumb:

Yep....Kush told me I would've a great hurdler if I kept up the awesome collection of **** in the shop

Dammit man that's sweet. I do this same thing on a regular basis. Clean then boom! Fawked. Give my left nut to be organized and be able to throw **** away. I still have all 1350 lil 3 or so inches of tube I had left over from building random ****!! :****:
Don't ask why. I can't answer that either. All I know is when I chunk somthing I always need it soon after. And if I keep it I don't. Weird Huh.

Latest posts