• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Shop/Garage builders ??

J/Cope79

Ok Im about to finally be back to living in the country where I belong. The only problem where Im moving to is that the property/home doesn't have a place for the important stuff (Jeep , Tools, ETC) So with that being said, I need to build or have a shop built. I know there is a thread on here with specs and pic's of people's shops but I need some advice and more importantly some recommendations on who to contact about building something for me. So any help from the Hardline folks would be greatly appreciated.
BTW The location will be in Morgan County and more specifically The Brindlee Mtn area.

we are having a garage built right now outside of Blueridge. builder is from Blairsville. Really happy with the work. 30x50 with 14 ft ceilings, 2 12ft over head doors & a 16x22 carport

This is from last year... I talked to him and seems like a good guy. I'll probably go this route when its time to build mine.

Dwalk said:
TKC INC. is running a special on Pole Barns. The rafters on these buildings are upgraded with I-beam instead of typical bar joist. If you have your own wood, roofing and siding, you can also buy just the Rafters.

Starting price on a 24'x24' with galvalume roof is $2995.00 includes: 6x6 post, painted 12" I-beam rafters, 2x6 purlins, galvalume roof panels, all bolts and screws. installation starts at $1200.00

Other sizes available 32x36, 40x60, etc..... Call/text Kris @ 256-349-7397 or Darren @ 256-702-3453

pic of display on 24x24 frame:

photobucket-3928-1359942030172_zps4159d298.jpg

photobucket-3901-1359942043336_zps85639f74.jpg

Tkc is a good company to deal with they built mine for cheaper than I could get the materials for Darin walker "dwalk" doesn't work with them any more but he problably could put you in contact with them

This is the number I have for them (256) 349-7397 Chris is the guys name if you don't get him leave a message he will get back to you
Also I would recommend going full steel a well

Re:

Not sure if you have any Mennonite, or Amish in your area but a good friend of mine just had them build one for him and it was dine very quick and great work. I believe its a 30x60 and came in right at $36,000. He had quite a few upgrades in that as well such as 5" concrete instead of 3, custom order doors, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Re:

09zkrankin said:
Not sure if you have any Mennonite, or Amish in your area but a good friend of mine just had them build one for him and it was dine very quick and great work. I believe its a 30x60 and came in right at $36,000. He had quite a few upgrades in that as well such as 5" concrete instead of 3, custom order doors, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Those guys do quality work in my experience :dblthumb:. You can also check on Pirate they have a section set up just for things like this, hey also CL but beware you never know who you might get.

Yea I have a bunch of contacts from the CL already and I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to ask the Hardline crowd for some real world advice. I haven't actually started contacting anyone yet but in roughly a month I will get the ball rolling on this project. At the moment Im thinking that a 30x30 with a 12' lean to would be a good size for the amount of space I will actually have to work with.
Thanks again for everyone's input. :woot:

We ordered rafters from one of those alabama living magazines they were good price, custom made to our specs and delivered

I Work with my dad helping him. His business in Davis Roofing and Remodeling. If your interested give me a call we would love to come out an talk with you and give you a price. We are based in Oliver Springs.

My name is Matt and my number is 865-603-3643

f-4x4 said:
I Work with my dad helping him. His business in Davis Roofing and Remodeling. If your interested give me a call we would love to come out an talk with you and give you a price. We are based in Oliver Springs.

My name is Matt and my number is 865-603-3643

Thanks, I will add your number to the list.