• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Should I vacation during winter in Nashville with a 3-year-old?

Check the dates on the Rocketts, the Opry/Rhyman, and any thing going on with Gaylord entertainment around The Opry Hotel. They go big with the Christmas lights around the hotel inside and out during the holidays. I would recommend staying at the hotel or at least walking around it during the holidays.
Sometimes they have the Grand Ol' Opry shows downtown at the old Rhyman Auditorium, its worth seeing a show there and tickets are not bad, never know who might be there, and just the history of the place alone to me is worth saying you went.
The Rocketts seem to be a big deal too.
Predators (NHL) games I'm told are cool to go see if you like hockey or even if you don't I'm told.
Adventure Science Center is pretty cool for kids.
Country Music Hall of Fame, haven't been to the new one but supposed to be cool. Again only applies if you can dig country music.

You could plan it out if these things come into a 3 day trip if the scheduling worked out

I'm not sure how far you are willing to go, but St. Louis has a bunch of stuff to do. the City Museum is one of the coolest things I have ever seen (it's like a 5 story playground). The arch is cool and there are a few other hands on type museums plus the Budweiser Brewery. And if you go there is a place called Iron Barleys that is off the chain!!! All of that is kid friendly and a whole lot of fun! We went for 2 days with our 4 year old and he had a blast at Coty Museum. Played so hard he just stopped in the gift shop and laid on the floor!

money_pit_yj said:
I'm not sure how far you are willing to go, but St. Louis has a bunch of stuff to do. the City Museum is one of the coolest things I have ever seen (it's like a 5 story playground). The arch is cool and there are a few other hands on type museums plus the Budweiser Brewery. And if you go there is a place called Iron Barleys that is off the chain!!! All of that is kid friendly and a whole lot of fun! We went for 2 days with our 4 year old and he had a blast at Coty Museum. Played so hard he just stopped in the gift shop and laid on the floor!
You can always go to Ferguson while you are there.

Re: Re: Re: Should I vacation during winter in Nashville with a 3-year-old?

TBItoy said:
I actually agree with this, and I'm not much a Gburg/PF fan myself.

I could see that being a fun time with a little kid, because there is so much seasonal decoration and festive type stuff going on all the time there.

Yeah when we go, we stay in the cabin all weekend. I dont care about going into town unless I need beer or groceries. Nut if kids are a factor, there are plenty kid friendly things to do in town. Plus most of the cabins have a full game room with pool table, air hockey, fooseball, and arcade style multi-game station. And of course the hot tub...some even have a small indoor pool.

Some pics I have of our cabin stays over the years. We hit it just right and caught some snow one year, it was awesome. One guy who had longer hair had ice in his hair while we were all chilling in the hot tub on the back porch that weekend!

We always buy a shitload of food and grill out, eat like royalty all weekend, play video games, drink and socialize, shoot pool, hot tub it, pass out, repeat.

y9ujetah.jpg

a6uqeru7.jpg

hyze8y6y.jpg

e3e6yga8.jpg

anagy7u5.jpg

ape8u5uh.jpg

yzytevy9.jpg

re4ymy6a.jpg

a4aqage7.jpg

avehe6an.jpg

9u8yvume.jpg

y2y4y4en.jpg

peva5eza.jpg

That was a fun weekend lol
yqy6a6a2.jpg

3u9a8uqe.jpg

uzuruzuj.jpg

tuse3a8y.jpg

I live just south of Nashville - Columbia, TN.

The ICE show and the other events are neat - but I would recommend going to Gburg if you have a choice. They have some decent activities for the kidos down in the city area. Get you a cabin and have a good time!