• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Show me you notcher... C'mon let's see it.

kushKrawlin

One thing I may give a kidney for is one of them big ass belt sanders that the pimps use to notch tubing with.. But a couple G's it's not gonna happen for a loooonggg time.. Or never .. So I was wondering... Folks that build **** , post up or tell what kinda notcher you use. I have one of the hole saw gadgets. Used it once and back to porta band cuttin a " lil roof" in tube and go from there. Them hole saw things blow. Takes for ever! turns out ok but takes for ever. I was wondering what everyone else does? Thanks fellas.

Everything i have built i have used a $45 one from harbor freight.
But the ones from baleigh or rogue fab are sweet

kush get jonny or Alicia to send you a pic of the one in their garage. I got it out of my tool web book at work does up to 2 inch and its under 70 bucks

I've got the bailegh tn250 and so far it's been great. Had it around 2 two years now, 3 full buggy builds and countless other small notching jobs and it's held up great. Had a couple issues with it but it was all problems I caused.

Jduck said:
I've got the bailegh tn250 and so far it's been great. Had it around 2 two years now, 3 full buggy builds and countless other small notching jobs and it's held up great. Had a couple issues with it but it was all problems I caused.
This one is the best I've used. Probably built over 20 chassis with it and still going strong.

Re: Re: Show me you notcher... C'mon let's see it.

Jduck said:
And it hurts when it hits you in the face.

I use a notcher similar to the harbor freight one. It works but would like a nicer one. One thing that works for me is I use it on a drill press.

Re: Show me you notcher... C'mon let's see it.

My eastwood 65 dollar ghetto notcher with the wrist breaker, built my current zj buggy with it and almost done with my yj buggy
886083bf64f3b69b79155eaa857f8fde.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought the jd2 notchmaster for my chassis build... very happy with it....IIRC it was in the $250 ballpark. I used several like the pic below for years but was never real happy with how centered the notches were even with shimming ect... the notchmaster will do square tubes also which is handy from time to time

rocfun said:
Everything i have built i have used a $45 one from harbor freight.
But the ones from baleigh or rogue fab are sweet
Same here. **** works. I'd like to upgrade to something that can notch on a bend but for now this one will do

Baileigh TN 250 with Blu Mol hole saws, been using it for 4+ years. Worth every penny...

Attachments

• 926494_727042400675974_1356778198_n.jpg
    926494_727042400675974_1356778198_n.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 133
I bought the Rogue Fab bender and notcher and I have been very happy with it. Easy to use and notch anything you want.

That's what I need. Worst part about the hf unit is having to loosen and tighten 3 bolts everytime you change the angle.

I just got a rouge notcher too, won't get to try it out until next week though. For straight 90 degree notches you can't beat the Williams low buck tool notcher. It takes about 5 seconds to make the notch.

Re:

I use a JD2 TN100 for quick 90s, but mainly zip wheels after tracing the more complex notches.

http://youtu.be/ukUwzrVDL-g

JD2 Notch master with Milwaukee hole saws. I leave the bolt tight and pull the drill to adjust angle which is probably why the shaft has a slight wobble but its fast. Offset notching is pretty cool too.

Two methods for me:

1. I have a dedicated small drill press and a notcher set up in it.
2. measure, draw, plasma :smoke: