• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Show off your trailer

Here are 2 I have, the redneck toy hauler is for sale.
Definitely need some more pictures and info on both trailers.

i'll see what i can do i kinda suck at taking the during pictures. inside is basic, couple cabinets fridge microwave. so gonna try to make the standing area space feel bigger, over the tongue is a queen size bed
Understandable there and just toss a couple of pictures of it either here or in a separate thread.

Here's my 14' trailer for my zuk. I'm really liking the smaller trailer compared to the bigger ones Ive always used.
F49AE177-AA87-438F-ACF0-0680D94DA110.jpeg

View attachment 160113

Since I got it, I moved the camper toward the tongue almost 2'(in order to get it balanced out correctly, I almost had to kiss the camper with my front bumper, so moving it has made a WORLD of difference), fixed the missing panel, fixed the missing guide tunnel on the Wiffle tree, finished out the holes in the deck, redid all the lighting on the trailer, cleaned up the camper wiring to run off 12volt, my wife revamped the interior with some much needed updates and fit our family of 4, added rv steps to the deck on both sides of the camper, added all new tie downs, stabilizer jacks, cut the deck up and welded on some driveovers, interior/exterior led lighting, patched the roof…probably more. Seems like a lot, but most were just a little bit of time and some excellent finds on Facebook marketplace. I don't have many pics of it now that most of the work is done. But I can get some if people are actually interested.

For the nerds out there, my old 16' open center trailer(former tilt trailer) weighed 1750 empty. This trailer weighs in at 2250. So I gained 8' of trailer and a camper with water, heat and ac for 500 lbs.

View attachment 160119View attachment 160116View attachment 160120

Alright I'm intrigued. I tow with a Tundra also.

I have a 22ft PJ 6" channel equipment trailer I pull on. It's about 3,000lbs roughly (according to website) and my Jeep is about 4,500lbs (estimated). Tundra handles that pretty fine, but I wouldn't want much more honestly.

What's your rig weigh? And how's the Tundra do? I've always wanted to stick a pop-up on the front of a trailer but I always figured it was too much for the Tundra.

I have a 22ft PJ 6" channel equipment trailer I pull on. It's about 3,000lbs roughly (according to website) and my Jeep is about 4,500lbs (estimated). Tundra handles that pretty fine, but I wouldn't want much more honestly.

What's your rig weigh? And how's the Tundra do? I've always wanted to stick a pop-up on the front of a trailer but I always figured it was too much for the Tundra.
Short version is he loves the WonTundra and it handles the weight quite well. He'll chime in later with more details.

After some changes, Trailer weighs 2400 including camper
Rig weighs 5500 ish(I've never weighed it. But knowing other comparable rigs, I think I'm pretty dang close.
So far, zero complaints considering it's a 1/2 ton gas truck. I monitor my temps pretty close and it will still drop coolant temp climbing mont eagle with the cruise set at 70. Doesn't make any sense at all.

Is that the trailer axle weight at the truck stop scale? That sounds light for that trailer even without the camper.
Truck stop scale. So it's accurate ish..

Dry weight on the camper(according to the factory sticker) 996 lbs.
Then subtract wheels, tires, axle, leaves, tongue, battery, and about 37 ft of random wiring I cleaned up. I'm guessing the camper is around 650-700. Also considering that I've removed some cabinets inside, and it has no bells and whistles, we carry a small space heater, no water(yet), etc…
The trailer was an old tri axle camper, it's been reinforced, could probably stand to have some more added. But I bought it this way and am slowly improving things as time goes on(if I decide to keep it).
I also don't carry any ramps. So that saves weight too.

Alright, ran it across the scales yesterday. This was headed home after a weekend at AOP. Generator is on the trailer(in front of rig) and camper is loaded full of supplies. We'll call that 250 lbs in misc weight.

After this, I'm estimating the Jeep at 4900 lbs. trailer at 2300 ish.

Attachments

• 1191F07C-075C-4C0D-AB77-164A51F54718.jpeg
    1191F07C-075C-4C0D-AB77-164A51F54718.jpeg
    236.9 KB · Views: 142
  • 49086B7C-2F4A-4368-B335-9B3F27D6A678.jpeg
    49086B7C-2F4A-4368-B335-9B3F27D6A678.jpeg
    348.7 KB · Views: 153
Alright, ran it across the scales yesterday. This was headed home after a weekend at AOP. Generator is on the trailer(in front of rig) and camper is loaded full of supplies. We'll call that 250 lbs in misc weight.

After this, I'm estimating the Jeep at 4900 lbs. trailer at 2300 ish.
I think you're forgetting tongue weight in your calculation. Pretty sure that tundra isn't close to 7700 lbs without a trailer on it. Sweet setup all the same.

I think you're forgetting tongue weight in your calculation. Pretty sure that tundra isn't close to 7700 lbs without a trailer on it. Sweet setup all the same.
Yea you're probably right. But for the sake of redneck math, it's close enough ish.

according to Googler you truck should weigh 7200-7700lbs
That's gross weight rating, unloaded it should be a little under 6k.

Luke was you and the family in the truck when you weighed?
I'd say truck 6k, Jeep 5k, people and extra stuff 1k, and trailer is the rest.

Now you gotta go weigh everything individually since you opened this can o worms

Yea you're probably right. But for the sake of redneck math, it's close enough ish.

Now you gotta go weigh everything individually since you opened this can o worms
I've weighed more things than I ever should have at the local Co-Op since their scales are open 24/7. It's just gross weight so none of that fancy front axle, rear axle, and trailer axles but pretty cool/interesting info. Crazy how fast stuff adds up in the weight department.

Just bring most everything (generator is a known weight) down (or find out if there is a free scale close-ish to the house) to get weights of each individual item.

You know you are within towing capacity, a little over on axle capacity, hopefully under tire rating capacity, but the individual weights are interesting to know.

I'd say that's pretty close. Sticker on the truck says 5600 lbs.
plus tool box, fuel, and the absurd amount of stuff we had in the truck and truck bed, plus the four of us.

All that said, I will likely end up going up a tire rating at some point. I think that'll be my weak point, for sure.

Then again, I rolled around on 4 ply passenger car tires for 6 years on my old setup. Not a single issue.

I'd say that's pretty close. Sticker on the truck says 5600 lbs.
plus tool box, fuel, and the absurd amount of stuff we had in the truck and truck bed, plus the four of us.

All that said, I will likely end up going up a tire rating at some point. I think that'll be my weak point, for sure.

Then again, I rolled around on 4 ply passenger car tires for 6 years on my old setup. Not a single issue.
I've been pleased with the 15" load range E tires on my trailers.

I need to weight mine. It feels heavy. Freaking wind sunday was killer too on the way back.
Wind with enclosed or camper trailers suck! I don't notice it as much with the gooseneck enclosed but recall a couple of trips with the old gray toy hauler we had to take side roads due to the wind.