• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Show off your trailer

Lights for the deck. Built in generator and air compressor. Also has gas pumping station.

Attachments

• pimp hauler 1.bmp
    168.8 KB · Views: 929
One of the best things I did to my trailer was add some lights. I had all four on a switch in the tool box and they ran off the extra battery on the trailer (to run winch). I had it wired so just the rear lights would come on when truck reverse lights come on. I have to back down about a 1000ft driveway that is dark and these make is so easy. Also, wired battery in trailer to truck so it gets charged while towing. In floor tie downs worked great and had a set of short chains that I would use on the front and strap the back. Did 4" drop axles cause used to tow lots of lowered cars and this def helped. Also, added 4 D rings down each side. Never enough strap points. Finally, I put the winch remote connector just behind the fenders towards back of trailer. Had an extended winch remote so I could steer a car while working the winch solo from about 15ft behind trailer.

2014-01-04_17-34-01_973_zps238c92fa.jpg

Blackbetsy said:
One of the best things I did to my trailer was add some lights. I had all four on a switch in the tool box and they ran off the extra battery on the trailer (to run winch). I had it wired so just the rear lights would come on when truck reverse lights come on. I have to back down about a 1000ft driveway that is dark and these make is so easy. Also, wired battery in trailer to truck so it gets charged while towing. In floor tie downs worked great and had a set of short chains that I would use on the front and strap the back. Did 4" drop axles cause used to tow lots of lowered cars and this def helped. Also, added 4 D rings down each side. Never enough strap points. Finally, I put the winch remote connector just behind the fenders towards back of trailer. Had an extended winch remote so I could steer a car while working the winch solo from about 15ft behind trailer.

2014-01-04_17-34-01_973_zps238c92fa.jpg

I'd like to have that setup!!! :****:

ibrokeit said:
Maybe a stupid question, but why not just let it sit on the dove?

Kinda like this? We actually ended up making a set of remove able wood ramps for this. We were just seeing if we could fit them both. We hauled this way from knoxville to chocco last year. Hauled great.

538bec8f3cd2850ad9179af404b2e8be_zps28d58855.jpg

pholmann said:
Or how about on the front lol. ? We actually ended up making a set of remove able wood ramps for this. We were just seeing if we could fit them both. We hauled this way from knoxville to chocco last year. Hauled great.

538bec8f3cd2850ad9179af404b2e8be_zps28d58855.jpg

When I got this big enclosed trailer my buggy just fit inside, but the tires would sometimes clip the cables for the door closer. After a few times of this happening one of the cables was ripped out. I looked for someone already building an electric door closer but couldn't find anything.

So I came up with this idea: ATV winch and battery bolted to a 1/4" plate of aluminum, screwed to five of the metal studs in the wall. I put a Battery Tender solar panel on the roof to keep it charged. I used a pulley from Tractor Supply to guide the cable. And since it's a winch I can disengage it and pull the cable out of the way. I hooked up the remote and ran it toward the front of the trailer.
I plan on running some LED lights inside the trailer since a hot battery is always there.

That's a good idea , my new trailer has
Those cables and the tail gate is heavier than a couple dead :afro: I might hafta rig
Something up like that

Big Dawg said:
Lights for the deck. Built in generator and air compressor. Also has gas pumping station.
thats a pimp S.O.B. right there been looking for one of these you wouldn't be interested in selln it would ya

Just used this for the first time this weekend, shoulda bought a trailer like this years ago , the weather wasn't the best but it was still nice and warm in the camper when we got off the trail, a hot shower and warm meal go along way!

Rockwells607 said:

Just used this for the first time this weekend, shoulda bought a trailer like this years ago , the weather wasn't the best but it was still nice and warm in the camper when we got off the trail, a hot shower and warm meal go along way!
Hopefully I will have one like this before I die! :****:

How wide are those rockwell buggys and enclosed trailers? I had to pass on a 24' enclosed because my buggy is too wide. :mad:

Rockwells607 said:

Defintitely a bad ass setup! I have a 28' enclosed that I haul my buggy in now, but would love to have a setup like this one! :woody:

The garage is 27' so I can fit two buggies in it, it's changed wheeling for the better, the dogs and family
Go and stay comfortably now and we are self saficient , not to mention the rigs are dry and clean and also sit in there for cold storage , after 3 horrible
Weekends in a tent last summer , I vowed never again , camping is fun again!

Rockwells607 said:
The garage is 27' so I can fit two buggies in it, it's changed wheeling for the better, the dogs and family
Go and stay comfortably now and we are self saficient , not to mention the rigs are dry and clean and also sit in there for cold storage , after 3 horrible
Weekends in a tent last summer , I vowed never again , camping is fun again!
So it does clear two buggies. Interesting....... How much more something like that weigh than a open air the same length?

This is 48' and weighs around 10k empty I'm not sure how much a 48' open deck weighs ... I'm not
Gettin any speeding tickets towing this that's for sure !! But my ol cummins pulls it just fine