• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Showtime 2.0

payne97 said:
you only need 22 degrees of triangulation per side
lets see if those third members will hold up to a Showtime beatdown
looks awesome can't wait to see the videos drool

Yeah but that's more related to a dual triangulation setup where the lowers oppose the uppers at 22 degree angles. If your uppers are straight you need the lowers at 45 degrees off centerline.. basically the same way his rear upper links triangulate. One thing's for certain, his front lower links will be getting a hell of a workout trying to keep that axle straight..

Bad ass parts list tho. This is the first build he's done where my initial impressions are that it looks like it's going to work really well.

payne97 said:
you only need 22 degrees of triangulation per side
lets see if those third members will hold up to a Showtime beatdown
looks awesome can't wait to see the videos drool

Both sets of links are angled in the front, while it doesnt look like much. Im sure Timmie has tried it out already.

Also, I believe he has ran gearworks 10" before. They have survived at KOH in a few cars. He might be putting more power to them now.

How dare any of you fawkers question the angle of his links or anything else for that matter? For instance, Flaming trailing arms are not gay, but you are triple-queer for hating on them sir. Did Jesus make mistakes? Neither does Timmy.....Ever.

B.DRAKE said:
Wasn't Underratted running the 10" stuff?

Yep.

Neal3000 said:
How dare any of you fawkers question the angle of his links or anything else for that matter? For instance, Flaming trailing arms are not gay, but you are triple-queer for hating on them sir. Did Jesus make mistakes? Neither does Timmy.....Ever.

LMFAO! Bible.

B.DRAKE said:
Wasn't Underratted running the 10" stuff?

yes it was, but it wasn't GearWorks, the GearWorks stuff is supposed to be stronger than what UnderRated had.

Cole said:
yes it was, but it wasn't GearWorks, the GearWorks stuff is supposed to be stronger than what UnderRated had.

Maybe it's me, but I don't remember Underated breaking. Other than a few rollovers, it ran like a Timex :****:

I'm no expect on trailing arm design, but I don' think the shock angle is ideal. I think it's supposed to be 90 degrees to the trailing arm at full bump not at ride height. That's why most cars have the shock angled slightly back at ride height. I believe as it is can cause frustration getting it tuned.

I would have made the steering arms double sheer where the ram attaches, but maybe that's just overkill.

Badass ride. Well done Tim.

ScottsPics said:
Lawd jeezus folks is wonderin if he's got the ****in links aimed right or not....really :flipoff1:

More so that I was worried about the amount of triangulation I was going to be able to get out of my Bentfab chassis.

I've mocked up mine and it didn't "look" like enough, especially compared to a lot of other cars (Wide Open Design in particular, their chassis has a LOT of triangulation built into the front of it comparatively)

If it works for Timmie then I'm not worried about mine now :flipoff1:
since I only have 1/4 the HP and 1/4 the suspension travel and 39s...

You don't need a lot of triangulation, when the amount you have is divided among the 4 links. 4 control arms with 10* of angle in them will hold an axle just as well as links where 2 are straight and the other 2 have 20* of angle each. The drawback is that the less angle you have, the harder it is on the rod ends, control arms, and link mounts

fl-krawler said:
You don't need a lot of triangulation, when the amount you have is divided among the 4 links. 4 control arms with 10* of angle in them will hold an axle just as well as links where 2 are straight and the other 2 have 20* of angle each. The drawback is that the less angle you have, the harder it is on the rod ends, control arms, and link mounts
it is a bigger issue on something that takes large side loads (barrel rolls). When the whole chassis tomahawks down on the front tire sideways, that small amount of tri has to keep it from moving laterally. As you've said, more load on rod ends and mounts. big rod ends take serious abuse, and at that moment you're loading them in the direction they're meant to be loaded. The mount has to hold it, and with repeated abuse I'm sure there will be some accelerated wear. Just an observation I made.
Neal is right :flipoff1:
Agree Knaffie, you go digressive when past 90. I doubt it will be an issue with what this one will be doing.

blacksheep10 said:
it is a bigger issue on something that takes large side loads (barrel rolls). When the whole chassis tomahawks down on the front tire sideways, that small amount of tri has to keep it from moving laterally. As you've said, more load on rod ends and mounts. big rod ends take serious abuse, and at that moment you're loading them in the direction they're meant to be loaded. The mount has to hold it, and with repeated abuse I'm sure there will be some accelerated wear. Just an observation I made.
Neal is right :flipoff1:
Agree Knaffie, you go digressive when past 90. I doubt it will be an issue with what this one will be doing.

Exactly!

blacksheep10 said:

TC will be the first to admit he just uses redneck Inginuity to get things done and does it the best way he knows how. As far as the shock placement for they type of wheeling he will do it will work fine. Now if he was blasting the desert at 100mph it would be a different story. So far he has been extremely impressed with the performance and said it puts the power to the ground better than any buggy he has had.

29110048.jpg

blacksheep10 said:
Cole said:
TC will be the first to admit he just uses redneck Inginuity to get things done and does it the best way he knows how. As far as the shock placement for they type of wheeling he will do it will work fine. Now if he was blasting the desert at 100mph it would be a different story. So far he has been extremely impressed with the performance and said it puts the power to the ground better than any buggy he has had.
Yup, like I said, it won't be an issue with what this one is doing