• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

small warn winch

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
Anybody running a rear small warn winch with one of those small integrated soloniod packs?

I have one that I need to figure out and there not marked at all ---all I really need to figure out is which 2 leads go to the motor and which 2 to the battery..

Snap and actual picture of what you got.

You have the whole winch, or just the solenoid pack?

Are all the leads the same length?

Have you tried calling Warn?? Every time I've ever had to call them they've been very helpful.

Take it apart and trace the wires?
________
SHEMALE TUBE

Last edited:
Mike, is it this style of contactor??

http://www.northerntool.com/images/product/images/142403_lg.jpg

If so, then red is power, black ground, blue and yellow out to winch (you can see that the studs are colored in that pic).

If it is the other style, they you have 4 posts on top, and 3 flat blades on the front. On that one, hold it so that the blades are facing you. The stud closest to the front left is power, the front right is ground, and the back 2 go to the winch. As for the blades, the 2 ends are in and out (you can switch them to make the winch go which ever direction you want) and the middle is ground.

Mike, from this picture, the contact you have the brown wire attached to is the ground. The one next to it is power. The two behind it go to the winch. Doesn't matter wich one the go to. The two blade contacts on either side of the brown are the trigger wires from a switch.

robin7.jpg

Latest posts