• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Snakes this year?

98TJ

I keep hearing that snakes are bad this year. I've seen a few rat snakes but not a single rattler. Are y'all seeing a lot of rattlers this year....more than normal? We have some mtn land near Winchester and I haven't seen a rattler there in 2 or 3 years. My buddy saw one about a mile from there a month ago.

I have seen a ton of black/king snakes. saw the biggest king snake of my life a couple weeks ago he was every bit of 6 feet. Saw one little copper head but that's it.

Yup, my crews are killing seeing an average of 2 per week down in the Thomasville/ Demopolis area for the last 2 months. We do clearing work for Alabama Power so we are in the woods all the time.

Cant say much for anything north of the panhandle, but the diamond backs and the black snakes are out in force down here already, saw 2 different black snakes in the "shop" yesterday. I saw a diamond back cruising the woods that was even bigger then the one I posted in the "be safe on the trails thread", had to be a solid 6+ footer, bout 4 inchs around in the middle :wtflol:

http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=40868.50 <-- other snake thread.

In north TX - Turtles everywhere, but so far snake population seems "normal". I'm sure the turtles are due to all the flooding we have been having... Hope it stays like it is with the biting critters that have venom, stay hidden.

joho75287 said:
In north TX - Turtles everywhere, but so far snake population seems "normal". I'm sure the turtles are due to all the flooding we have been having... Hope it stays like it is with the biting critters that have venom, stay hidden.

Same down in South East, TX. Turtles all over the streets but haven't seen a snake yet. Haven't heard any of our crew's finding them out on the right of way either. I'm sure as it starts to dry out they'll be coming out to play skully

e4cutler said:
Same down in South East, TX. Turtles all over the streets but haven't seen a snake yet. Haven't heard any of our crew's finding them out on the right of way either. I'm sure as it starts to dry out they'll be coming out to play skully
Right of way? Sounds awfully railroady to me

joho75287 said:

NE Alabama here and I've noticed a bunch of turtles. Almost hit two on the motorcycle Saturday.

I havent seen any at my shop or either house and one is on the river.
I do however have 2 youg kids that like to target practice on varmits at the river so they keep them under control

Dad ran over a rattler today on hwy 47 in shelby county, head was on the yellow line and tail was just over the white line. He backed up over it and ran over it a third time. :****:

grcthird said:
Dad ran over a rattler today on hwy 47 in shelby county, head was on the yellow line and tail was just over the white line. He backed up over it and ran over it a third time. :****:

Tell him to run over it again and again and again just to be sure. I live right off 47. :****:

I caught a little green snake in Edisto last week. Little bastard was meaner than any snake I ever caught as a kid! Kept striking at me and just generally being an asshole. :****:

Ef a snake. Done seen two copperheads walking the dog and the other in my sisters front yard. and ran over some kinda snake last week. Seen a few dead on roads. I rarely ever see rattlers in the wild like I used to when I mtn biked.

CHASMAN9 said:
Tell him to run over it again and again and again just to be sure. I live right off 47. :****:

It was right past The Landing, close to the lake. The man has no problem with killin a snake of any kind. skully

Re: Re: Snakes this year?

This water moccasin was taking a nap in my garage
40989b07205d45c6b7b50eb28c56d453.jpg

Also caught a black racer the other day about 6ft long

Re: Re: Snakes this year?

Bumpers said:
This water moccasin was taking a nap in my garage
40989b07205d45c6b7b50eb28c56d453.jpg

Also caught a black racer the other day about 6ft long

I hate water moccasins. I will leave most other snakes be, but water moccasins are just nasty. I've had em try to get in the boat with me to try and bite me... No thanks!!!! Choot em choot em!!!