• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Snoring?

TacomaJD

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....
Now we all know the reason men snore is because during the night their balls fall over their butthole and cause some sort of a vapor lock, or at least that's what one meme said...it's true if it's on the internets right?

So, current situation is that I snore....apparently loudly enough that nobody can stand to sleep in the same room as myself - mainly the wife. She sleeps in another bedroom now. Every now and then we'll sleep together if it's on a night where she has nothing important to do or get up early the following morning, but it's rare.

Me and a buddy went on a bike trip this weekend and stayed in a double bed hotel room, and he literally brought ear plugs to wear so he could sleep. (He's traveled with me plenty times before, so he knew what to expect). I really thought he was kidding when he said he brought ear plugs earlier that evening, but he broke them out before he went to sleep and I laughed my ass off, he was serious!

A couple years ago, a bunch of us rented a cabin in Gatlinburg and I slept on a futon bed in the same room as the buddy I just mentioned and his wife (they slept in the bed together), and I woke up during the middle of the night with his wife standing over me with a pillow about to choke me out because I was snoring so loudly. No really, that actually happened....we all had a good amount of adult bevs prior. Lol

So yeah, what have you guys done about your snoring issues? Fawk using some damn c pap machine or whatever. I couldn't sleep wearing anything out of the ordinary. I really don't want to have one of them surgeries to correct my deviated septum ****. My dad snores and he has always slept on the couch and my mom slept in the bed. My whole life. I ain't sleeping on no damn couch. I gotta have room to sprawl out.

Well that explains the earlier post..... :rolf:

They make a mouth piece that makes it harder to snore. Breathe right strips (used them and they help). Different pillow. I have a $100 pillow and it helps some (memory foam).

I have tried and tried to sleep with my CPAP machine and I just cant but I know guys who love theirs and cant live without it

Re:

Use one of those mouthpiece things that moves your jaw down and forward a little bit.

[[[[[insert random homo/gay joke somewhere in post]]]]]

Idk if it would help, because my problem seems to be sleeping with my mouth open (insert gay joke). While I'm laying there trying to go to sleep my mouth is generally shut, but once I go to sleep and muscles relax further, my mouth opens. Because of this, I have to make sure I sleep with my head at least perpindicular to the bed, it not pointed up just a fuzz above perpindicular, so as not to drool all over everything. Pisses me off Lol. Always been like that, far as I can remember. I rarely sleep on my back, but if I roll over on my back during sleep, apparently that's when the snoring is at its worst.

Slip her some nyquil every night. 9 hour coma. A tornado could rip the roof off and it drop golf ball sized hail on her and she wouldn't care

Get that **** checked out, seriously go do a sleep study. I have a buddy that we used to hunt with that was super loud snoring. Come to find out he had some major health issues going on related to that, he has a cpap now and will tell you how much it has made his life better. (So will his wife)

Avoid the surgery unless it is absolutely necessary. My dad had it done quite a while ago and it didn't really change anything except that now he can choke on food/drinks much easier. He hates it.

Weezul said:
Avoid the surgery unless it is absolutely necessary. My dad had it done quite a while ago and it didn't really change anything except that now he can choke on food/drinks much easier. He hates it.

I've heard lack of smell and all sorts of side effects after those surgeries too...I'll probably just snore forever. Haha

Well I am that guy, I ignored the signs for years, heavy loud snorer and nobody could sleep with me, actually had a girl I was screwing wake me up one night shaking me, she said I hadn't took a breath in 30 seconds, I still ignored it, well the dr at my dot physical nailed me and off I went for a sleep study
During my study they came in and woke me up to put a clap mask on me, in the morning the guy told me I scared him to death and didn't feel comfortable me sleeping without it.
Turns out I have severe sleep apnea, my heart was gaining a beat and blood oxygen levels were dropping dangerously low, not to mention getting tired during day
Dr said they saved my life, without it I'd be dead in a few years by either heart attack or stroke, yeah it took a while to get used to it but now I absolutely cannot sleep without it, tried once and most awful experience of my life
Get tested man it could save ur life and your marriage and you might be able to sleep without that butt plug in there at night then
Seriously get tested and shame on you money pit Wear that machine man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a product called zyppah that's suppose to help
https://m.zyppah.com/?gclid=COfup4z_r9YCFZO3wAod3jQJqA

Re:

I have noticed myself do the not take a breath for a few extra seconds thing while in the light stages of napping on my back, never on my side though. Hmm. Definitely something to consider.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TacomaJD said:
I have noticed myself do the not take a breath for a few extra seconds thing while in the light stages of napping on my back, never on my side though. Hmm. Definitely something to consider.

They told me sleeping on ur side or stomach is ur body trying to correct itself to breath more or less.

I wear a nose pillow, it is very comfortable, I put off getting tested for years, damn shame to.

Re: Re: Snoring?

Zjman said:
They told me sleeping on ur side or stomach is ur body trying to correct itself to breath more or less.

I've always slept on my side, for as long as I can remember lol.

Prolly wouldn't hurt for me to try to get in better shape. Been needing an excuse to do that anyways.

Apparently I used to snore really bad too. My wife was at the point where she was sleeping in the guest room on week nights so that I didn't keep her up all night with my snoring. I bought a wedge pillow from Walmart and it pretty much fixed my snoring problem. I use a regular pillow on top of the wedge pillow and it props my head up just enough to keep me from snoring. I sleep mostly on my back throughout the night.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/112815769?wmlspartner=wmtlabs&adid=22222222222043091227&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=e&wl1=o&wl2=t&wl3=10358219720&wl4=kwd-1105783423239&wl12=112815769_10000002006&wl14=wedge%20pillows%20walmart&veh=sem