• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

so i got pulled over today for being to fast

japerry

:D

I always figured my tires were not really calibrated to the speedometer, so I usually only go the speed limit... knowing that its probably 8-10% off.

So someone driving my truck was going a little fast, and got pulled over for going 72mph in a 60, my guess is the speedo was saying 64 or so. Still 'speeding' but not really greater than the threshold of being pulled over.

Two questions
1) Has anyone gone to court, showed their speedometer is off, that they got it fixed, and then proceeded to get the ticket dropped?
2) anyone have something like this? http://tunertools.com/proddetail.asp?prod=SC-2806&cat=243

My guess is the person who got the ticket will at best get a differal, but figured its worth trying.. I feel bad for them, I guess I should've told them it goes fast :eeek:

Defective equipment isn't an excuse for breaking the law.

It would look much better to any judge if the truck was fixed and shown to be certified as calibrated.

The only certified dyno that (I) know of is at the very south end of lake city way just before it ends and goes onto I-5

dyno-mite diesel in monroe can help calibrate the speedo... At least they did back in the day...

Defective equipment isn't an excuse for breaking the law.

I agree, hence why I don't go very fast. Too bad the person driving didn't realize that =/

I'm pretty sure that at best the ticket will be deferred.

82toyomud -- thanks for the tip about dynomite... I'll give 'em a call! :awesomework:

Tacoma Speedometer has a speed dyno.

I've never had them dyno my speedo, but I was able to buy specialty gears to replace the ones inside my tcase. Now I'm exact!

They were cheap when I dealt with them. Very easy to find.
I'd start with a phone call.

I'd like to find a place closer to home to get this done when I move to larger tires on the Dakota. I know where the Tacoma shop is. Right off of 512 before it hits I-5.

But that's kinda far from Sultan....

I could do Lake City, but thats still kinda far.

I'd like to find a place closer to home to get this done when I move to larger tires on the Dakota. I know where the Tacoma shop is. Right off of 512 before it hits I-5.

But that's kinda far from Sultan....

I could do Lake City, but thats still kinda far.

Nice sig. It's called Rectal Glaucoma