• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

So it's the year 2050, what are we gonna see on the trails (not the races)?

tonybolton

Bypass Crawler
Still be running 14 bolts, or everyone moved on to Axletech's for "trail riding"?

Rigs on 43's driving to/from the trail?

Will XJ's still be around?

Will JK's be the new XJ's?

IFS / IRS stuff?

No more kingpins / all ball-joints / unit bearing?

RZR's the size of Jeeps on 40s?

The above are based on the NORM, not the every now and then OMG! stuff you see occasionally. I'm used to seeing SAS Toyotas, 35's, random D60/14 bolt combo's, 40's and 43's on trailered stuff. Toss in a 14 bolt big choppin' bouncer type rig a few times a year with a nice brand name chassis rig.

Just curious if anyone has any idea's or predictions. I'll prolly have kicked the bucket by then so have no fear me pulling a Simpsons' Nelson "HA! HA!" on you. :)

70 inch tars driven by electric motors assumin the tree huggers dont shut everything down.

OR

Spock is gonna teleport us up the rock

Solar powered, Electro magnetic drive uni-scooters. And roaches.

bb1a3b32f203e1128f4f1ba39b1c1299.jpg

Since the common stuff on the trail is 20-30 year old stuff, you'll see lots of chopped up JLs, Gladiators, 4runners, Tacomas, Bronco (2021 model), all the JKs will be buggys and a TJ will be like seeing a flat fender. Jeep will come out with an all electric TJ size rig by then too.

Current gen Small turbo diesel and electric swaps will be common then.

Superduty axles will have a fully developed aftermarket and be under everyone's beater rigs.

The current trend of 8-10 speed trans will negate the need for crawl boxes and super low tcase gears, and stand alone controllers will be cheap and readily availble.

Since the common stuff on the trail is 20-30 year old stuff, you'll see lots of chopped up JLs, Gladiators, 4runners, Tacomas, Bronco (2021 model), all the JKs will be buggys and a TJ will be like seeing a flat fender. Jeep will come out with an all electric TJ size rig by then too.

Current gen Small turbo diesel and electric swaps will be common then.

Superduty axles will have a fully developed aftermarket and be under everyone's beater rigs.

The current trend of 8-10 speed trans will negate the need for crawl boxes and super low tcase gears, and stand alone controllers will be cheap and readily availble.

Your version is more realistic than my version.

With global warming being what the government says it is, we will all be in boats by then, so no wheeling for you!

A set of sticky thornbirds would be cool on a lowered YJ with a turbo 4 cylinder.

Ford guys will still be making excuses as to why they all put Chevy motors in their buggies despite the fact that there's a billion coyote motors available by this time.

Pretty good observation. I will add that the fox dynamics tech or the super car hydraulic shock systems will show up in some form on trail rigs. Both systems keep a vehicle more level