• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

So my realtor told me to f**k off today!!!!

pushrod-racing

A little over a month ago my wife and I decided to list our house on the market. Went with a what we thought was a good reputable realtor. 2 days after house was listed the wife noticed a few minor things that was incorrect in the ad. We asked her about them and she instantly starts the blaming game, blaming the office, her assistant and then Zillow. I said no biggie just try get them sorted out.

2 weeks in I go online and pull the ad up, nothing is changed and I actually found that the ads photos where not updated and where in fact mostly photos from 3.5 yrs ago when I purchased the home. House has new roof now, landscaping has changed, and back then had a handicapped ramp that's now removed. So I'm of course a little upset, I call her. Note this is on the company she works withs page not something like trulia or Zillow. She says I'm sorry I'll fix it and is really short.

Last week we had a buyer......supposedly. 2 times we was stood up from signing contracts and coming to final agreements. She finally calls and says that buyer backed out. I thought ok it happens that's cool. We chose the option to have our home listed in one of the little free gas station home books. I picked one up and noticed my house in it. Guess what 4 year old photo, description lists wrong amount of land, and states all the incorrect things she had been asked to fix.

Over the weekend the wife and I go online notice everything is still incorrect on our ad. We come to agree it's probably best if we cut ties with her and find a realtor that maybe doesn't have as much on their plate and can at least creat a halfway correct ad. So I call and then text my realtor explaining a list of 7 items we have asked to be addressed and told her as of 5 min ago none had still been changed. Then brought up the fact that the advertising book was completely incorrect. Well she immediately starts the blame game. Saying first it's her assistants fault, then a girl who was fired for not doing a good job. I said well we still feel it's time to cut ties and move on and we feel your not doing us a good job. She then came off with it was a total different persons fault so now we are at like person number 4 fault. I said I'm seeing this a problem, you have blamed numerous people here and I feel it's lie after lie. At this point I was told I was to not call her a lyer and for me to f**k off.

So my question is what can I do here. After reading online it seems since my sales contract is 6 months, if I withdraw and list with another agent and it sells in this 6 months I still have to pay this loser. Any help I'll appreciate.

You can't do anything to keep her from drawing commission that would be worth your time or effort.

Either suck up paying her, or wait out the contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call the broker that she works for and talk to them bc they won't like someone doing that as long as they are a representative of the broker

Maybe a different realtor/company will get a contract on it for you. You sell house, realtor has to split commission

Well that just it, this is just he said she said. But when we listed it she even told us, if at any time you are unhappy with how I am doing you can get rid of me and go with someone else.

You can take it off the market and delist it with another broker and as long as it was not a contact made while under her contract she can't do anything.

You can absolutely fire a realtor. Go to their broker and show them those texts and the issues. They should terminate the contract immediately. I fired three in very similar fashions before we found one that we really like.

Hey man I'm in Houston TX my mom owns a branch of a mortgage company and my step dad is a broker. I have a friend I went to highschool with that lives in Cookeville that is a realtor I would be more than happy to help with any questions you have, we see this all the time in houston.

Text me 409 392 5010

pushrod-racing said:
Well that just it, this is just he said she said. But when we listed it she even told us, if at any time you are unhappy with how I am doing you can get rid of me and go with someone else.

That's cause you can she knows she has a contract with you, but 95% of Realtors don't even worry about if you leave it's not worth the time or the headache.

What real estate company is it?

I guess when the housing market was down, agents and firms fought for their commissions more. (of course they probably did a better job to begin with, because people weren't running around with handfuls of bank money to throw at every house in sight either)

thumb.gif

Without going into a novel, you are not stuck.

There are many ways of going about this so you don't have to worry about this twat.

1) Gather all documentation around the issues you had, emails, phone calls, etc.
2) Review contract with the Realtor that you signed. If you didn't sign one, you are done right here. Congrats.
3) Look at termination of said contract, most all have an out for you. Review their process, and come back and inform us of what it is.

Possible next steps
1) Contract Realtor company (via email as best for tracking) and inform them of all issues with documentation and explain that you are terminating the contract based on the terms of the signed agreement, 30 days notice, proper written termination, etc. It just depends on what your agreement stated.

I've fired realtors before and never worried once about it. They can try to fight it, but they will spend a lot in legal fees to try and get $2500 out of you. If it's a realty company even they will tell the agent "tough ****". They won't spend $5000 of their money to get the realtor $2500.

And don't let anyone intimidate you at all. Legal action is not easily started, it's not an easy process, and it's just as much of a pain in the ass for them as it is for you. We're talking big money to make it worth their time.

I just received an email with an attached rf151 listing/agency mutual release form. Filled with a text from the agent telling me she highly recommended me e signature the form. I'm still thinking I need to speak with her broker. And the home is listed with American Way.

Yes you can fire this realtor. Go above her head and talk to the broker and tell this person you are not happy with
the work of this realtor. The broker will try to keep you business. Do sign the release form so the realtor will not
try to claim a commission when your property does sell. There are probably 2-300 realtors in the Cookeville area.

pushrod-racing said:
I just received an email with an attached rf151 listing/agency mutual release form. Filled with a text from the agent telling me she highly recommended me e signature the form. I'm still thinking I need to speak with her broker. And the home is listed with American Way.

She sounds pretty worthless. Id definitely tell the broker why you are taking your business elsewhere.

Latest posts