• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

soft sided cooler

I'm actually warrantying out a yeti hopper 20 & 30 this week (older style)(both zipper issues, both 5-6 years old). No questions asked on the warranty, just filled out the warranty card on each and sent in a few pics (I told them I didn't remember purchase date since the warranty is for 3 years on those ;)) . They gave me a few options to pick from to replace them including a 45qt tundra. I'm gonna try out some of the new ones. The new hopper 30 flips over itself and has a big magnet that seems to work awesome, got to see one last weekend.

I also have the aforementioned AO 38 that lays flat for my new buggy, haven't got to try it yet.

Because I've still seen the top open without a strap across. One strap across the top keeps it closed and keeps it secure. The back deck lid is coated in bed liner and the bottom of the cooler has the 4 rubber corners. Seems to rock solid.

Makes sense. I just leaf look so my coolers never fly open like that. Heck I probably don't even need a strap holding it down.

I'll @tonybolton do it. I dont want to rob him of his joy.
tenor.gif

I thought I'd give the 30 can China-mart one a try. It was only $56.
I'll give it a thorough test at Windrock in a couple of weeks.

Attachments

• 15932691709977955370467661934139.jpg
    15932691709977955370467661934139.jpg
    675.7 KB · Views: 177
I have a Walmart one and it has been fine for the past 2 years. I do store it inside and lube with the provided stuff or chapstick as needed. I usually buy Yeti as a higher quality product and to support a local family friend, but I needed one that day and was out of town. You can spend more for a good warranty, or honestly Walmart will probably take thier's back if you mess it up due to their business model of taking most all returns.

High dollar coolers require maintenance just like high dollar rigs. If you are too proud to lube a zipper, stick with a hard cooler and you will be happier other than price.

I'm super happy so far with my ao cooler. They even sent me 3 free can koozies I think I found a little trick. I put mine in my freezer. Sucker works awesome that way. I don't like warm beer

We used our AO cooler at tony boltons park accouple weeks ago. And we were impresses. It kept or swanches and drinks cold all day (about 14 + hour rides) and still had some ice left in it the next day. We only used a a gallon zip lock bag of ice and we froze 2 bottle of water.
It came with a strap and I used that to hold it in the juggy. Ran the strap around the bar behind our seats. Worked out good.

I just got a new yeti soft bag type cooler for my birthday, it doesn't even have a zipper, just hooks together in the middle, don't know how it could keep ice long because it's still open, guess I will find out.

where my walmart one rides in the new buggy it melts the ice insanely fast but i dont have enough room for a hardsided cooler. Anyone have any ideas on making a heat shield or something? It rides on a piece of aluminum that is above the radiator and fans. i'll see if i can post a picture from my phone.

You can try a heat shield with some insulation or reflective backing, but it is generally speaking a bad situation to start from with all of the heat from the engine directly under your cooler. Maximum spacing from the heat source and maximum air flow through the area will be the things to take advantage of. .063 is about as thin as I would try and up to .125" if you can manipulate it and have it more readily available.

As mentioned above, a multilevel head shield may help as well. The bottom would absorb most of the heat while the top level would remain cooler. Ideally with insulation of some type between so the heat transfer through the air and hardware is at least not direct.

Last edited:
My wife's Walmart special cooler handle on the zipper broke last weekend while riding Rzr and made beer recovery almost impossible,lol!! Got home put big key chain hoop thru what was left on zipper thing opens and closes so much easier with loop you can stick your finger thru versus that lil t-handle that was too small.

Latest posts