• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

solid mount or rubber mount

jojo

im fixin to start a buggy it will be my first one, ive done several cab trucks and i know it is a different ballgame when building a buggy. i was wondering when i mount the motor, tranny, and transfer would it be better to mount using bushings or mount it solid. it will be a small block ford, c6, and 203-205 doubler. give me some examples on your guys stuff, im leaning more towards the solid mount.

Pros to mounting soild is that you get alot of the twist out that your motor, trans, and case gets. By mounting solid you should get no twist if your frame is not twisting.

If your running a big motor that tourques alot it will almost eliminate that also.

We have run it both ways mud racing and when we would not solid mount our motors the frames would start cracking or the bushings in the mounts where shot after about a season of racing (10 races).

You will fill more fibration from the motor, but your in a buggy not a Mercedes.

There has been several discussions on this around the board, just search solid motor mounts.

Ive run em both. Last few builds Ive done solid and will not go back to bushings, never had a problem and dont think I ever will. I have also been running a mid plate so I think that helps out alot also.

mine is in solid also. I even left the knock sensors turned on in my LSx and no problems so far thumb.gif

Latest posts