• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Solo Buggy Build by Wide Open Design, Adam Woodlee

Re: Solo Buggy Build

Out with the old.

amyradag.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my left thumb.

Having one built. If I bent one, probably look like Big Bird. No disrespect to JonJon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk with my left thumb.

What's the plan for the new buggy? Just changing the chassis or will other parts be upgraded as well? What is the plan for the old chassis?

I am using most every part from the old buggy in the build. I have been slowly upgrading looking forward to this day. Adam Woodlee with Wide Open Design will be doing the build. This build will be the first ever single seat Evolution chassis.

As to the old chassis. As soon as I get it outside and wash the underside, bolt the bottom back in where the drive train was removed, and install the UHMW skid plate and body panels. It will be placed on here for sale. It will come with the dash, gauges, steering column, steering wheel, all links (no heims), and newly wrapped body panels. Hope I can do that this weekend. Right now, the entire buggy is apart and sitting in front of the door the chassis needs to exit.

Chassis is set up with engine mounts for a Chevy 350/383. TH350 transmission. And hard mounted Atlas transfer case. Wheelbase with existing links is 108+-.

Can't wait to see this. Might as well switch to an LS while you're at it.

JohnG said:
I am using most every part from the old buggy in the build. I have been slowly upgrading looking forward to this day. Adam Woodlee with Wide Open Design will be doing the build. This build will be the first ever single seat Evolution chassis.

Awesome, those are the best looking chassis out there.....will it be rear engine?

It will be front engine, rear radiator. This is a budget build, so upgrading to a LS engine is not in the cards. We are reusing everything possible, even the heims as they are only 18 months old. The 383 stroker motor with Edlebrock mulitport fuel injection will be plenty of power for this build and my driving style.

This should be good.

I have almost as much tubing in my rhino cage as that entire chassi :****:

JohnG said:
It will be front engine, rear radiator. This is a budget build, so upgrading to a LS engine is not in the cards. We are reusing everything possible, even the heims as they are only 18 months old. The 383 stroker motor with Edlebrock mulitport fuel injection will be plenty of power for this build and my driving style.
Unless you get a lizard in the fuel cell. :drinkers:

Elliott said:
Any complaints on that fuel injection?

No, other than $$$. I had it on the Purple Jeep, then we changed motors when we built the 38 Special. The Single Seater had propane when I bought it and immediately put on the same fuel injection as the Purple Jeep.

Both have been flawless products.

edl-35000_w.jpg

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-35000/overview/

Gone up since I bought it $3,299.95 now, I paid $2,699.95 for it.