• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Solo Buggy Build by Wide Open Design, Adam Woodlee

redneckengineered said:
I've heard there's a bouncer version in the works, with 14 bolts f/r, LS, etc. I'm pumped to see the kind of ass a buggy like that will spank.

With a madman waiting to take the wheel

Bones said:
YES! I nice sized single seater so you never have to take a passenger. win!

I could never own one, cause that would mean I'd have to go wheeling, and I'm not going to do that.

DSC_0121_-XL.jpg

Check out the photo gallery here!

www.rickybphotography.com/Rig-Features/Wide-Open-Designs-Solo-Buggy

Awesome rig.

Don't mean to be an ass but what is going to happen with all the bolt heads sticking out on the
belly and boat sides? Looks like a lot of stuff to snag on rocks as it drags across them.
Anyway it is a beautiful crawler. :woot: :woot: :woot: :driving:

bjeep said:
Don't mean to be an ass but what is going to happen with all the bolt heads sticking out on the
belly and boat sides? Looks like a lot of stuff to snag on rocks as it drags across them.

No more than the 128 bolts sticking out of the wheels. :flipoff1: If it is an issue, I will have Adam countersink them like I had him do on the 38 Special.

bjeep said:
If those bolt heads snag on a rock and keep you from making a hill you were'nt going fast enough. :dblthumb:

in Coles video sounds like you have a rocker arms loose may want pull a valve cover and check
Two great buggies look forward to seeing the new one in person. :drinkers:

bigsilly said:
You must have overlooked this John. I know you have put it on those scales you own....

I did weigh it today. Weight was never talked about during this build. From the lower frame rails being 1/4" wall DOM to the 3/8" bottom and side skids, to rear steer. I never thought is would be light weight. The old Single Seater was 3,870. Solo is 3,833. Almost exactly the same. That is full of fuel, but without driver.

JohnG said:
I did weigh it today. Weight was never talked about during this build. From the lower frame rails being 1/4" wall DOM to the 3/8" bottom and side skids, to rear steer. I never thought is would be light weight. The old Single Seater was 3,870. Solo is 3,833. Almost exactly the same. That is full of fuel, but without driver.
Wow that is light. It is going to hurt some feelings on the trail. With rear steer I am a little surprised too. The more I look at this one the more I like it. Very clean and all business.

JohnG said:

Most Toyotas running around on the trail are in that same weight category :dblthumb:

Pumpkin said:
Speak for yourself, my yota weights in over 6500lbs. :****:

Ha, I was saying most "actual" yotas, not! beast/heavy equipment hybrids like yours!

Gives me some hope that my buggy will turn out under 4000lbs.

Latest posts