• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Southern Rock Racing Series event coverage - Photos and article!

COLEWORX said:
not to be disrespectful but he won with a winch cable dont think the crowd came to see winching in an extreme series like this if you cant make the climb no points should be givin winches are for recovery not winnning ! if we wanted to winch we would get in top truck

4:1 space key ratio

i am so glad you guys are doing this series thanks for putting in all the work to put this event together..it's bringing us northern boys from mi all the way down there just to say we did it.wish i could of made the first event but i will be at the next 3 if it kills me and my wallet! thanks again for all your hard work!
koh is cool.we drove out there 2 years now to watch.bumps and dust is not my thing.we prefer hills jumps and tree's!

Like already said Peter did not win by winching. Peter won by running the second fastest times on 2 hills and chose to pull cable to go for the best time on the third hill. If he didn't run good times on the other 2 hills then pulling cable wouldn't have earned him 1st. Bobby could've easily pulled cable and won the event but chose not to go that route. I can tell you that pulling cable will NOT win this series. I have great respect for Bobby not pulling cable but I also give credit to Peter and Adam for putting down a time that good with the winch option. I am like Bobby myself I'd just beat on it until time was up or I broke. The winching option is included for someone getting hung on tree and needing to get free to salvage a run. Just keep watching and you will see lots of great rock racing action. thumb.gif

most of the bitchin seems to be from a small % that [like me] did not enter the comp me personally i had a good time if everyone made the last hill some would bitch that it was to easy, if none made it well some would still bitch [that has been proven in this thread] as for me the event was a big success[lot of spectators and drivers] i would like to say thank you to the drivers for a good show and to srrs for a good event i have not put time nor money into this event so thank you for those that did as for those [the one's bitchin] who's nuts you were swinging on did'nt win there are a few more races so hold on "tight"

The guys and gals who do theses races are all incredible drivers with incredible rigs that are a blast to watch. I personally like the harder hills that challenge the rigs and drivers to just make the hills. Just like when KOH or any other race is going on when a driver pulls up to a hill and jumps out and winches, it's a disappointment. Smart... yes maybe, but just not what folks love to see. These rigs are built to MAKE the toughest hills and this race series seems like that's what it's trying to showcase. If no winching was allowed maybe Peter made the hill maybe not, but no one would be bitching about it and the results would have been about the same. Ban the winches :dblthumb:

Thanks to all that plan and participate in these events, nothing but respect!

All I know is when I get my motor rite yall better be putin2 winches on your rigs and a 150 shot. But I don't have a problem with the winching I wouldn't do it but to each their own

You cant make everybody happy. I was at the drivers meeting and heard the rule about winching explained. Nobody bitched at that time. Now that somebody made a dificult climb with a winch people wanna bitch. This is a points series. I think the smartest most conservative "team" that has a good race plan will end up winning. You don't like the rules :gtfo:. You don't win the nascar points race by beating the **** out of your car every race and not consistantly finishing high up. Now with that being said if it is decided next year no winching I'm for it. I think right now the srrs is doing a HELLUVA job for its first year. All it can do is get better in my opinion.

According to the article, "Peter made it to the middle ledge on Pick your Poison faster than any of the other competitors."

So the guy placed 2nd on 2/3 of the entire race and first on the last third and winching won it for him? I would tend to say that dominating the vast majority of the entire event with a consistent performance is what won it for him. I guess I'm crazy. LOL!

So winching isn't glamorous. Going home $10,000 richer is pretty glamorous though. How glamorous is heaving your axles onto the trailer next to your chassis to go home?

If you are gonna have a "race" to the top of a hill the hill should at least be climbable. Would you go to Talledega if they put a speed bump at the start/finish line? I am sure there is a none competitor that would gladly prerun any hill that was questionable. I may be the only one on here that will say it but most of the competition on the third hill was boring. That being said thanks to all of the drivers and to SRRS for what was for the most part a great event.

I totally agree with the fact that Peter drove one hell of a race (as did most of the drivers) on all 3 hills. I don't know who was fastest on the first 2 hills but unless it was the same person Peter would have won the event whether he winched or not.

As for getting the same points for breaking the beams as the ones that destroyed there stuff trying to climb an impossible hill seems kinda sad. Maybe a couple of gps's if it is a really hard hill so you can award points by distance.

Hell I might as well throw my 2 cents in here to,every other non racer is.From being a web wheeler of the first SRRS it looked like it went off well :dblthumb:. To the SRRS peps it's your race run it like you want. I've heard that from another very successful event :****:. Using info from competitors will only make it better. If it's Rock Bouncing,Rock Racing,Rock Crawling or Rock Collecting we should try to keep a positive attitude about it. We're getting more and more of what we enjoy taken away from us everyday.We don't need a promoter going out on a limb to do something for "US" to enjoy and get a lot of negative input and shut it down.I've seen a big increase in "ROCK" activities in the past 2 -3 years and would love to see more interest,from sponsors, competitors and spectators. As far as the race final standings,I think Peter and that cute little boy spotting for him made a smart move to winch. They won and are in the lead for points. If the rules said winching is allowed then use it to your advantage because this was NOT a one time event.There's good money on the line and you have to be consistent in multi-run events and make sure your car (yea I said CAR) can finish. I know it makes a better show when there's lot of carnage. That's cool with the spectators but not worth a damn when you get home and start adding up what it's going to cost to make the next event,now that your way down in the points. Good luck to all the drivers :driving: and everyone else keep backing these events.Maybe we'll make one some day.OUT :dblthumb:

POPS58 said:
Hell I might as well throw my 2 cents in here to,every other non racer is.From being a web wheeler of the first SRRS it looked like it went off well :dblthumb:.

i to am a non racing/web wheeler due to my rigs capabilities but would love to do some competing also... any way next year to add a couple different classes so people with rigs other than full all out 500hp tube buggies could compete also. :dunno: i look forward to the next event!!!! great job on putting these on.. :popcorn:

Daddy won the first two races all he had to do was climb the last one and he woulda won. And that hill is far from impossible it'll be climbed before to long

Thats my point...if he would have winched he would have won.Did he go to win or be the first looser?

POPS58 said:
Thats my point...if he would have winched he would have won.Did he go to win or be the first looser?

I dont have a dog in this race, but peter won it fair and square end of story. Bobby is one of my best friends(family) he chose not to winch,and if I had to guess he would make the same decision again. we all had fun so lets go to the next race and let it all hang out and have some fun and see who comes to the top, we all have a bigger problem now JOJOs motor is running awsome so its going to get even harder ;D ;D

Well put....Promoters need good input publicly and negative input private.At least I think that would be better.I'm not bitching to be bitching,it bugs me when I hear people rattle about how someone won.If they didn't cheat then they used stradigy to win.I've seen some underdogs blow the big dogs away by making smart moves.If you've never tried to maintain a car for a season of racing then they don't have a clue how hard it is.We've spent a few all nighters a 1000 miles from home trying to get a car ready for the next day's competition. I've watched and kept up with all of the new races and drivers.You,they all do a hell of a good job.I know theirs always going to be someone not happy and that we have to live with.We'll be Finishing up a new Ultra 4 car soon and I hope we can come play with youns.I've meet a few of the new bouncers,short racers,hill climbers or what ever you call it and their all cool guys and gals.It's all ROCK SPORTS and together WE can make it grow.Last post,stepping back in the shadows.OUT

POPS58 said:
Well put....Promoters need good input publicly and negative input private.At least I think that would be better.I'm not bitching to be bitching,it bugs me when I hear people rattle about how someone won.If they didn't cheat then they used stradigy to win.I've seen some underdogs blow the big dogs away by making smart moves.If you've never tried to maintain a car for a season of racing then they don't have a clue how hard it is.We've spent a few all nighters a 1000 miles from home trying to get a car ready for the next day's competition. I've watched and kept up with all of the new races and drivers.You,they all do a hell of a good job.I know theirs always going to be someone not happy and that we have to live with.We'll be Finishing up a new Ultra 4 car soon and I hope we can come play with youns.I've meet a few of the new bouncers,short racers,hill climbers or what ever you call it and their all cool guys and gals.It's all ROCK SPORTS and together WE can make it grow.Last post,stepping back in the shadows.OUT

get er did, they aint nothing wrong with that saying

i guess everyone has forgot what RACE means!!! need to take one of the Rs out of SRRS should name it SRSS SOUTHERN ROCK SHOW SERIES.... when there is money on the line you do watcha gotta do to win it!! booyang