• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Spring rates

jmf

For those that used an online spring rate calculator, was it very accurate? I've got a full tube bouncer style chassis 1.75x120 with sbc, th350, and 205. Trying to figure out what springs I need.

Do you have the coilovers mounted now? If you do you can use the current springs to learn the corner sprung weights.
Only then can you know what springs are needed. Otherwise the chances of wasting money on springs you don't need is high.

No I haven't ordered them but was going to as soon as I figure out what springs I need.

I would ask around and try to find a couple of springs to use to get corner weights or order from one of the vendors that allow you to exchange the springs for the proper weight ones after measuring.

It's easy to get weights using springs. Put on say a 200 lb spring. Chassis weight on the spring compresses the spring 2"
That = 400 lbs of weight on the corner.

The rate of a spring is what it takes to compress the spring 1"

Hit up Ryan at Accutune off road. 909-265-4443. He will spring swap new springs so long as they are not damaged. Just sprung mine with him great prices and great guy to deal with. He is a vendor on here also. Nailed my buggys spring needs with pictures and a description.

What I've found with most middle weight buggys are that the fronts are usually close to 150 over 200. Rear are usually around 125 over 150.
There are hundreds of variable that could mess that up. However for the most part 90% of the buggies I've looked at that are similar to mine are close to those.

Please don't yell at me the people who know better. This is just a general starting point. Or better yet someone who has a similar rig to op that isn't within 60 pounds of those numbers post up.

Eddyj said:
What I've found with most middle weight buggys are that the fronts are usually close to 150 over 200. Rear are usually around 125 over 150.
There are hundreds of variable that could mess that up. However for the most part 90% of the buggies I've looked at that are similar to mine are close to those.

Please don't yell at me the people who know better. This is just a general starting point. Or better yet someone who has a similar rig to op that isn't within 60 pounds of those numbers post up.

I'd have to agree with you. This is a good starting point for most buggies. If the back of the buggy has just a cell and not much else, I'd even say 75/150.

Warewolf SD said:
Hit up Ryan at Accutune off road. 909-265-4443. He will spring swap new springs so long as they are not damaged. Just sprung mine with him great prices and great guy to deal with. He is a vendor on here also. Nailed my buggys spring needs with pictures and a description.

Thank you! I'm happy to help, have done a lot of rigs and offer unlimited spring swapping.

Everyone else pretty much nailed your options for figuring it out.

TRD said:
Thank you! I'm happy to help, have done a lot of rigs and offer unlimited spring swapping.

Everyone else pretty much nailed your options for figuring it out.

awesome to talk to and very helpful. will be doing something with them in the near future. great customer service so far!