• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SRRS Buggy Event #1 Registration

FroggF350

We have 20 people registered for the first Full Size Buggy event at Choccoloco, we are going to limit the number of drivers to 20 or 25.
If you are sure you want to run this series go to our website up coming events page and register. http://southernrockracing.com/upcoming-events/
We have 3 hills to run and want to make sure we have time to get everyone in. Im going to the park next weekend to meet with the park owner, and decide what hills to use, we may try to cut in a new hill just for this race! If we feel like we can get 25 drivers to the hill up it and out to the next hill in a reasonable time, then we will run 25 racers, but if not, we will limit the number to 20.
Southern Rock Racing Series
2012srrsflyer.jpg

Registrations for the first buggy event at Choccolocco Mountain Orv Park April 14th 2012.
Limited to 25 Entries
1. Wes Kean
2. Travis Lovett
3. Timmie Cameron
4. Brent Mewbourn
5. Adam Adair
6. Bobby Tanner
7. Jordan Tanner
8. Shelby Tanner
9. Ritchie Keith
10. Randall Key
11. Nathan Lambert
12. Lawrence Collins "LC"
13. Brandon Dillon
14. Rodney Payton
15. Ethan Tanner
16. Peter Basler
17. Adam Lee
18. Joey Gilbert

If you want to enter the race go to our website http://southernrockracing.com/upcoming-events/

I know it's prolly too late, and Chocco doesn't have a whole lot of free dates, but could yall please consider changing the date of this event? I just don't think the turnout, both competitor and spectator, will be representative of what this series is capable of... Not only will well over 100,000 potential customers be at the A DAY game in Tuscaloosa, but some of the south's most entertaining competitors will be at Dirty Turtle. I'd like for this series to do well, and I feel the Chocco is one of if not the most exhilarating parks in the south to spectate at & I don't want this date to be a disappointment to the series's entrants and organizers... Please consider it

muddinmetal said:
I know it's prolly too late, and Chocco doesn't have a whole lot of free dates, but could yall please consider changing the date of this event? I just don't think the turnout, both competitor and spectator, will be representative of what this series is capable of... Not only will well over 100,000 potential customers be at the A DAY game in Tuscaloosa, but some of the south's most entertaining competitors will be at Dirty Turtle. I'd like for this series to do well, and I feel the Chocco is one of if not the most exhilarating parks in the south to spectate at & I don't want this date to be a disappointment to the series's entrants and organizers... Please consider it

I think DTOR has cancelled their bounty climb for that weekend, according to facebook.
We cant change our dates because we tried to make sure we didnt overlap any other event dates, or as lilttle as possible. We used the hardline event calender and made sure not to schedule any events on the same day as others, sometimes this is unavoidable. We really appreciate your concern and hope to see you at choc on april 14th.

Jemery will there b any problems with me driving the green goblin in the series instead of my blaze buggy.

FroggF350 said:
I think DTOR has cancelled their bounty climb for that weekend, according to facebook.
We cant change our dates because we tried to make sure we didnt overlap any other event dates, or as lilttle as possible. We used the hardline event calender and made sure not to schedule any events on the same day as others, sometimes this is unavoidable. We really appreciate your concern and hope to see you at choc on april 14th.

Thank you, I really hope everyone has a great time and this event does well. Definitely wasn't trying to complain & you know how some people are when things interfere with their Alabama football

RKEY said:
Jemery will there b any problems with me driving the green goblin in the series instead of my blaze buggy.
You can drive any buggy you want to. You can swap each event if you want to. You cant run a back up buggy at the same event, but you can run Green at Choc and Blaze at the next event if you want to. If you break on the first hill, you can try to fix it before the next hill, but you cant go get another buggy and keep running.
If you do break but can still get to the starting line of the next hill, we will allow you to trip the timing sensor and that will give you 1 point for atleast starting the hill. If you choose not to trip the light no points will be awarded for that hill.

muddinmetal said:
Thank you, I really hope everyone has a great time and this event does well. Definitely wasn't trying to complain & you know how some people are when things interfere with their Alabama football
Im sure we can set up a tv so we can be up to date on the game! If someone has a projector we can set it up at the stage next to the pavillion.

natedawgxj said:
when is the cutoff to register for choccolocco race?
The drivers meeting will be at 10am the day of the race and if we dont have 25 drivers before then the cut off will be 10 am April 14th.

FroggF350 said:
Boat Ramp
Backside
And havent decided on third yet

Violator would be a good one. Seems to be a lot easier than it used to be.
The Showtime Hill on the other hand would probably leave half the field in pieces....

We have talked about violator, but for safety reasons we have decided not to use it. The last event we had got really crowded over there, and we may not be able to get someone out quick enough if they get hurt. We will have an EMT on site just in case.

Alot of us have been on Violater several times just playing. It is a doable hill for sure, but at race speed your asking for a accident. Luckily no one has been hurt on that hill already. A hard climb is good, keeps it all fair, but a death roll ain't cool. The last thing I wanna see is one of my buds getting bad hurt. A big hit of bad publicity of someone getting killed is not what this race series needs. I think an EMT should be at all open rides. Even for a heart attack, could be life saving for someone. :dblthumb: Keep up the good work Jeremy.

FroggF350 said:
We have talked about violator, but for safety reasons we have decided not to use it. The last event we had got really crowded over there, and we may not be able to get someone out quick enough if they get hurt. We will have an EMT on site just in case.
Violator would be one of my favorite ones to clinb, even though last time i rolled off it with little damage 8) 8)