• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SRRS Buggy Event #1 Registration

A WATER TRUCK ON BACKSIDE WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT,HAD A GOOD TIME THOUGH . THE FIRST TWO HILLS WERE NOT VERY SPECTATIOR FRIENDLY BUT THE RIGS SOUNDED GOOD :****:

The 500 HP Superman Samurai on the bonus line in Pick Your Poison

We had a great time Angela is still working on getting videos up.
The third hill was a joke though it was like dirt track cars trying to compete at a hill-n-hole. There was nowhere safe for the spectators below the top of the hill. When Superman came over the top there was a huge rock that moved with about 40 people below it with the course workers just watching and saying "they should have the common sense to move we didn't know he was coming up here". All of the competition buggies and their support RZR's blocked the lower road so you couldn't go back to camp that way. Even with a full staff of people still needed paying spectators to keep people from walking in front of the timing lights. Yes it was a very organized event it was just poorly executed

Had a great time just wondering as I drove around Sunday afternoon noticed even though all the " event " staff were long gone all of the event trails were still taped off should there not be a little consideration for the park so that the "event" caused debris should be taken care of after the event by the event staff????

bjs92toy said:
Had a great time just wondering as I drove around Sunday afternoon noticed even though all the " event " staff were long gone all of the event trails were still taped off should there not be a little consideration for the park so that the "event" caused debris should be taken care of after the event by the event staff????

Arrangements were made with the park owner to have the tape removed. That was taken care of Saturday Night.

Even if arrangements were made with Trey it still looks bad on SRRS. When people ride around the park after the event and see all of the tape and stuff. It gives people the idea that if you can leave your trash they can also. I rode most of the day Sunday and would have been glad to take the tape down. I did pick up 2 bags of trash and about 100 cans.
I am not trying to bash you or your event Jeremy it is just something to think about. There is no reason for me to call you for us to discuss it.

Bronco Buster said:
Even if arrangements were made with Trey it still looks bad on SRRS. When people ride around the park after the event and see all of the tape and stuff. I am not trying to bash you or your event Jeremy it is just something to think about. There is no reason for me to call you for us to discuss it.

I totally understand where u are coming from, it will be handled next time as soon as the event is over. You dont know what happens behind the scenes so try to make sure you know whats going on before posting stuff like this. As far as the last hill being hard, or however you put it, i want to remind you that the drivers running this series are the best in the country.
Wes Kean pulled through the gate and said "I hope yalls third hill is a challenge, I want a challenge." This isnt Baby rock racing, its Southern Rock Racing and all the feedback we have recieved from the drivers has been very positive and they all said they dont want us to change anything.

This was the first buggy event and I assure you all it will only get better. Maybe some of the hills will be a little difficult to see all the action, but for us to test the abilities of the baddest machines in the southeast, we have to choose extreme hills. That type of terrain isnt available in a cow pasture with man made obstacles.

I totally agree with you these guys are some of the best. I can only think of 4 others that come close to the ones that was there. I agree they should be challenged. What I am trying to say is you can't really call it a race if you can't get to the finish line. That last hill would have been a great bounty hill (that is one hell of a hill) just not a great "race" hill. I am not the only one that had this opinion I am just the only one that has voiced it here and to you I guess.
I had a great time and plan to attend more of your events. I am in no way saying I did not have fun.

This event was a huge success and the best event to date for Choccolocco Mountain. Special THANKS to Jeremy and the whole SRRS crew for putting on this awesome event. Everything was very organized and planed out for a first time event. We are both new at this and are learning. We want to continue to have races together with more attendance. Looking forward to the next races at the other parks.

THANK YOU to all of the competitors and spectators for attending. I do wish we could have made it easier for people to watch the race but we tried to choose hills that were a challenge for these type of extreme vehicles and drivers. These drivers and their machines were some of the best around, so the tracks needed to be hard. It looks like the third run was a little to hard but we wanted something extreme for the last hill. We really thought they would get up it. I guess we will make a bounty on it now, but we will give time to let everyone repair and regroup.

Great event. Everybody has an opinion. Me included. The last hill was by far my favorite. I was a few feet away and it was a beast, but definitely doable on the left line for some. I give huge props to Bobby Tanner since he could have almost immediately pulled cable like a few and probably won the event, but chose to shoot the hill. Not sure how the point system works but it should definitely make pulling cable a last resort and not much of a game plan. I watched the event to see hills get shot that only a hardcore bouncer with a good driver will have a chance at. I liked having two tough hills and a final nasty one. Personally if all three had been like boat ramp I would have jumped back in my ring and went riding after two. Thought the event was executed well all around and had a blast riding and watching all weekend.
Barton

FroggF350 said:
I totally understand where u are coming from, it will be handled next time as soon as the event is over. You dont know what happens behind the scenes so try to make sure you know whats going on before posting stuff like this. As far as the last hill being hard, or however you put it, i want to remind you that the drivers running this series are the best in the country.
Wes Kean pulled through the gate and said "I hope yalls third hill is a challenge, I want a challenge." This isnt Baby rock racing, its Southern Rock Racing and all the feedback we have recieved from the drivers has been very positive and they all said they dont want us to change anything.

This was the first buggy event and I assure you all it will only get better. Maybe some of the hills will be a little difficult to see all the action, but for us to test the abilities of the baddest machines in the southeast, we have to choose extreme hills. That type of terrain isnt available in a cow pasture with man made obstacles.

Top notch cant wait till next race, thanks

I thought the event was great.

Here are a few key things that I believe worked well.
1) One run per course. This keeps the crowd into the action of the event and makes everything interesting as well as saves time. Multiple attempts at the same hill is boring to watch.
2) It seemed like the timing system and the way everything was done was great. I didn't hear any drivers complaining and thought it went very smoothly.
:dblthumb:

Some things I felt could use inproving.
1) You guys need an anouncer or some guys with bull horns. As a spectator I want to know whats going on. Who is about to start the hill - Name/Rig etc. Who is in what place at the beginning of each hill and maybe an update every now in then on the standings. What each drivers time is after each run. Keeping spectators informed is key in the success and growth of this series.

Big Thanks to all the SRRS folks for putting on a great first event. Also Thanks to the numerous drivers who showed up and put their machines to the test. Without you guys there wouldnt be a series. Lets just make sure we take care of the spectators because the more people that come to watch, the more you can pay the winners and the more sponsors and such this series can draw. I can't wait to video at the next one. Keep it up, I plan on being at them all. :driving:

Here are a few more videos:
Wes Kean rockets up Backside!
LC Mashes it on BACKSIDE!

BustedKnucklefilms said:
I thought the event was great.

Here are a few key things that I believe worked well.
1) One run per course. This keeps the crowd into the action of the event and makes everything interesting as well as saves time. Multiple attempts at the same hill is boring to watch.
2) It seemed like the timing system and the way everything was done was great. I didn't hear any drivers complaining and thought it went very smoothly.
:dblthumb:

Some things I felt could use inproving.
1) You guys need an anouncer or some guys with bull horns. As a spectator I want to know whats going on. Who is about to start the hill - Name/Rig etc. Who is in what place at the beginning of each hill and maybe an update every now in then on the standings. What each drivers time is after each run. Keeping spectators informed is key in the success and growth of this series.

Big Thanks to all the SRRS folks for putting on a great first event. Also Thanks to the numerous drivers who showed up and put their machines to the test. Without you guys there wouldnt be a series. Lets just make sure we take care of the spectators because the more people that come to watch, the more you can pay the winners and the more sponsors and such this series can draw. I can't wait to video at the next one. Keep it up, I plan on being at them all. :driving:

Here are a few more videos:
Wes Kean rockets up Backside!
LC Mashes it on BACKSIDE!

Thanks for the feedback. The timing worked flawlessly and were running dual systems to help eliminate any missed runs. It's bad that we bought a bull horn and had it with us at the event. We all had friends/family we brought to help us and still managed to not get the stuff announced as planned. I'm working on cloning so I can have more help. ;D I'm sure we will learn a lot as we go but we will continue to give it our best and listen to the feed back.