• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

stearing decision ???

B3

ok here goes i got a rockwell buggy with a double ended ram on it mounted in the front ... and it sucks cuz it hits stuff all the time and bends ... and pushes the ram into my rotor ... which has to be in the front cuz if not it hits my crank pully . so im trying to put the ram behind the axel where it should have ben to start with but it eather hits my lower links or its gunna hit my drive shaft .so rite now my options are redo all that crap up front and still hate it cuz it still gunna hit stuff an hang up or go to a singel ended ram and a tirod . but then i will have to deal with bending tirods ......... so what would you do ??? :dunno:

move your lower links down and put it behind the axle. it can be a pain in the ass but its worth it.

Jduck said:
move your lower links down and put it behind the axle. it can be a pain in the ass but its worth it.

x2. My lowers are 1.5" below axle centerline and my DE ram is behind my axle, barely clears, but does. Best move I've ever made with steering is putting it behind the axle like that.

Why don't you just build a
Guard around it ? Rockwells are easy to build off and there tons of people with pics of guards on rockwells

( ROCKWELL 607) its got a 3/8 plate and .180 wall dom gaurd on it and it bends like its paper

Ya post a pic so we see what your talking about, if your bending 3/8 plate and .188 wall tube like nothing....something is awkward