• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sticky boogers???

I looked into them. I think they would be a pretty badass tire. I'm thinking they only did like one run, some guy brought it up 50 (think it required 200 tires be sold) folks to get them bout a year or so ago. .. Have only seen one set used for sale on pirate.. I gave up. Have to be a damn good tire. I wanna think so anyways.

I wheeled with the guy (ScramblerJ) that got the first batch made. (Thread on Pirate some where). His rig is a leaf sprung V8 Scrambler. We went all over Clayton, OK including the back side trails. I never saw him spin more than about a half revolution. We are more crawlers than throttle junkies. They are really soft! The issue that may come up with them is long term wear. The sticky 42s have the siping that is present on the DOT 42s. My worry would be the lugs starting to tear at the siping. So far I think his have held up good, but I don't think he wheels every other weekend like some people on here.

Huckleberry pointed me to this thread and asked me to chime in. My experience with the Sticky Bogger 42's has been AMAZING so far. I ran a regular compound 39in bogger before, which worked well in my terrain(loose dirt and some rocks), but slacked when I got on only rocks. The sticky compound has closed that gap in my opinion. Ive never ran a sticky before and Im not a hardcore wheeler so I may not be the best litmus test, but I have been very happy so far with the performance. Im crawling up stuff that I couldnt before or stuff that other guys in stickies are having trouble with.

Cons are probably typical for a sticky tire, chunking and wear on the outer lugs is my main concern, and I wish they were a little wider. You lose some width with the three stage lug design, but it makes it easier to clear. Getting Interco to make them was the first hurdle. Hopefully they will continue to make them. I would buy them again and price point was better than other stickies then.

Ill try to get some video next time and post up. My pirate thread has some pics and more comments.

Glad I found this forum and I plan to post more.

Awesome thanks for the info as feedback. I think ive definitely decided to go that route. Beer been much of a bigger fan but I think these would e the best of both worlds.

I would suggest contacting Interco directly as its a specialty tire with limited production, if theyve even made any more. Well worth the hassle though.

Are the "Competition" compound Boggers that are listed on Blemish page not stickies?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Me too, they say Non-Highway Competition in description, but I have no clue.

mdo817 said:
Are the "Competition" compound Boggers that are listed on Blemish page not stickies?

They are not, they are non dot because our tree hugging government won't allow the compound that is used on our roads

They are NOT stickies. They are slightly narrower bogger that is not DOT rated. It has been said that they are softer than the regular boggers due to the different type of rubber, but definitely not sticky compond.

I bought a set of the blem boggers for the back of mine. The lugs are a little more "squared" than the dot tire. They do seem a little softer than other boggers. I personally like that there 18" wide instead of 19.5". The blem part is that the dot number can't be made out. Like the mold has a messed up spot or something. I put a set of those on the back and stickie sx's on the front and it is night and day difference. Goforth has a **** load of the blems for a lot less than you can buy them and have em shipped from interco.

mdo817 said:

pholmann said:
I was assuming they were.

No those 44's are a tire Interco had built by a company in India. Kinda a neat story behind it. They have more natural rubber than the regular tires do. Also they first started using this specific tire on some kind of machine and Interco had some sent up here to sale to us and they're not DOT approved so they're alot cheaper. Probably not going to be as round as your DOT tires and a couple people on here have / had them and could fill you in with their experience with them. Also the sidewall writing is different from the 19.5's so they're easy to spot when you see them. It's been said the compound is softer.

A friend of mine bought a set awhile back for a buggy he's building, they had only been ran a couple of times so he got a killer deal on them. The tread on his are stiff / hard but could be because they've sat a good while and could change once he gets them broken in. Recently they came out with this tire in a 17' and I would think this is the same deal as the 16.5 tire built in India. Give Interco a call and they'll tell you what you need to know about them!