• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sticky boogers???

muddinmetal said:
1 obstacle..... but if you ran 75 trails at Chocco I think the bogger would win overall

Personally I think boggers are terrible for rock crawling in the southeast. The first set of tires on my rig were 38.5 boggers and I had a heck of a time trying to keep up with anybody in my crew. Most ran 42" TSL's and one ran 38" SX's. They had terrible lateral traction and I was never impressed with their performance on mud hill climbs either.

Now I will say that a bogger would probably do fairly well at places like Choccolocco and Hot Springs where there's a loose top layer of shale rock and soil. And I know a sticky bogger would perform a ton better than a regular compound bogger but to say a bogger would dominate a red label on all of the nasty slimy rock trails.. come on now, that's crazy talk.

LightBnDr said:
Nah. Let's you and me put em to the test this spring. You pick the locations

I'll go ahead and take part in this... So we should be able to do 3 or 4 rigs, 39 reds, 42 sticky boggers, 42 reds, and maybe the treps if his brother is game. When and where should this take place??... Clayton, OK? If ya'll both came to Barnwell for Megarun, we could go ahead and start. DeWoody is usually a pretty good test of traction. There is a set of sticky Creepy Crawlers around too, but he's not 8 lug, so couldn't be swapped.

Hucklebuggy said:
I'll go ahead and take part in this... So we should be able to do 3 or 4 rigs, 39 reds, 42 sticky boggers, 42 reds, and maybe the treps if his brother is game. When and where should this take place??... Clayton, OK? If ya'll both came to Barnwell for Megarun, we could go ahead and start. DeWoody is usually a pretty good test of traction. There is a set of sticky Creepy Crawlers around too, but he's not 8 lug, so couldn't be swapped.

Must video this.

This is nonsense huck !!!

Freakin reds will hand ANY other sticky tire it's ass in Clayton. Guaranteed. I'll put my own money on it and participate.

Serious, even treps fall a little behind. Ask your bro :)

Now... Dewoody, reds will gladly slap another sticky on the butt with a nice little "good game" also :)

Based on those 2 places, I'm willing to put my money on reds across the board at a collection of parks. Love you, see you next you month :)

LightBnDr said:
This is nonsense huck !!!

Freakin reds will hand ANY other sticky tire it's ass in Clayton. Guaranteed. I'll put my own money on it and participate.

Serious, even treps fall a little behind. Ask your bro :)

Now... Dewoody, reds will gladly slap another sticky on the butt with a nice little "good game" also :)

Based on those 2 places, I'm willing to put my money on reds across the board at a collection of parks. Love you, see you next you month :)

Who said anything about money?? :dunno: I'm just instigating here thumb.gif I'm pretty excited to be back in the saddle again, and getting to wheel with you and the others.

I've always wanted to see a back to back to back comparison (not competition) of all the stickies on the same rig, same day, same obstacles. Even better if it could be done on multiple different style rigs. Even if it takes a year to get all the footage I think it would be pretty sweet! Might have worn out lug studs and nuts by the end of it, but a small price for such a good little experiment.

Only problem with this is that if your gonna try to run some trail 16 times in one day, that involves any kind of loose stuff, the results could be a little weird due to the erosion.

Hucklebuggy said:
Who said anything about money?? :dunno: I'm just instigating here thumb.gif I'm pretty excited to be back in the saddle again, and getting to wheel with you and the others.

I've always wanted to see a back to back to back comparison (not competition) of all the stickies on the same rig, same day, same obstacles. Even better if it could be done on multiple different style rigs. Even if it takes a year to get all the footage I think it would be pretty sweet! Might have worn out lug studs and nuts by the end of it, but a small price for such a good little experiment.

Only problem with this is that if your gonna try to run some trail 16 times in one day, that involves any kind of loose stuff, the results could be a little weird due to the erosion.

just use boat ramp for the obstacle thumb.gif

Ya boggers look cool and all, but I cant wait till I can get back on a set of reds for my buggy. Its hard to beat a red label.

Justin, Chad are yall going to the meet n greet at Clayton this year?

51Jeepwillys said:
Ya boggers look cool and all, but I cant wait till I can get back on a set of reds for my buggy. Its hard to beat a red label.

Justin, Chad are yall going to the meet n greet at Clayton this year?

As long as nothing breaks next weekend at Gilmer, I think that is the plan. loller.gif

It's a toss up for me at the M&G. If they change the name to apple pie moonshine family reunion, maybe I'll go.

I have run Clayton what feels like 100 times. There are really only 2 trails I have never run, only cuz I hear they are a guaranteed winch fest.

I'm kinda burned out there. I wanna run hot springs real bad and for sure check out this new Burris valley this month. Ready for something new. I think it'd be great to go east and run some parks with some hardline guys.