• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sticky Mickey

redneckengineered said:
Am I the only one that doesn't love it? Not a fan of the big tread voids. Reminds me of an Aetna cut SX which is great on loose climbs but for an all around rock crawling tire I prefer a better contact patch. Pure keyboard speculation but I'll let someone else test them before I start getting excited.

Yup, surprised nobody has mentioned the little raised part of the lugs in the center?? Def not a crawling tire at all, looks to me like that would break traction when trying to crawl, being that it is not a flat profile across the tire. If people go to selling their 43 stickies for a set of these, I think they'll end up with hurt feelings. Mickey Thompson aint ever made anything worth a **** in my opinion, and they probably ain't gonna start by making the best sticky tire either. Looks like a poor attempt at thinking outside the box.

Yeah they should have totally made a sticky OG Baja Belted, it would do better on all that slickrock we have... :flipoff1:

7039820017_large.jpg

redneckengineered said:
Am I the only one that doesn't love it? Not a fan of the big tread voids. Reminds me of an Aetna cut SX which is great on loose climbs but for an all around rock crawling tire I prefer a better contact patch. Pure keyboard speculation but I'll let someone else test them before I start getting excited.

not alone, was thinking the same thing. it'll take a hell of a tire to get me away from the sticky SXs

redneckengineered said:

You generally don't love anything in the General discussion threads......... :rolf:

Looks like a good mud whompin tire. It also looks they were going for looks over function.....Got them sidewall lugs though. Maybe the compound is really soft and the raised areas on the treads flatten out to give a better contact patch :dunno:

I thought the same thing about the Aetna cut SX's. It looks to me like they are going after the Bouncer crowd and hoping the :tc will follow :dunno:

They price it right and everyone else is in trouble :****:

A sticky with those large voids is a 1 season with your fingers crossed mf'r tho.

As of now they are in the 120 pound range and not that bad to pick up mounted to a raceline beadlock. They are looking at a spring release date but weight, design, etc could all change by then since they are not done testing as of yet. There was 0 commitment on price so I cannot began to say what the price range is. The smaller darker blocks toward the outer edge are meant to be grooved if desired. This was information I received from one of the tire builders at the MT booth yesterday.

Edit to add: the lugs can be moved around without a lot of effort.

Im guessing they are soft and when squeezed they move. My treps move easy in the sun. Just my guess could be wrong..

Another question, the back tire on screaming blue looks wide? Wheel? Or just the picture????

I think this tire would do great for Ohio wheeling, few rocks with a lot of ravines and narrow hollers and steep hills. Add rain and it gets nasty, our rock is a lot of limestone and gets very slick when wet so I think these tires would be great up here, can't have too many options glad someone else is making stickies so maybe it will bring prices down cause there's competition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Zjman said:
I think this tire would do great for Ohio wheeling, few rocks with a lot of ravines and narrow hollers and steep hills. Add rain and it gets nasty, our rock is a lot of limestone and gets very slick when wet so I think these tires would be great up here, can't have too many options glad someone else is making stickies so maybe it will bring prices down cause there's competition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Side question; where in Ohio do you wheel that has terrain like that? Sounds badass.