• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sticky Mickey

I've never been a huge fan of the SX compound. After Running Krawler Red Labels for years the SX just wasn't as sticky. So, when I seen the MT I figured I would give it a try.

When I got them home I measured them with a tape measure, nothing real precise. The SX was noticeably taller and narrower than the MT
The MT measures 41.38" tall
The SX measured 42.25

Scott Goforth had already weighed them and the MT is a little lighter, 115 lbs VS 121 for the SX.

The MT is softer, but the lugs don't feel really too pliable. 4wheeler mag claims the MT measure a 25, which is considerably softer than any other sticky out there. As mentioned in other threads, the durometer reading doesn't tell the whole story.

The tread is really aggressive and I am really pleased with the aesthetics of the tire. They look like they will work awesome. I'll report back after I get them in the dirt.

1573070399941.png

New sizes coming. Nice to see someone other than BFG and Maxxis go for the 37" crowd.

I've never been a huge fan of the SX compound. After Running Krawler Red Labels for years the SX just wasn't as sticky. So, when I seen the MT I figured I would give it a try.

When I got them home I measured them with a tape measure, nothing real precise. The SX was noticeably taller and narrower than the MT
The MT measures 41.38" tall
The SX measured 42.25

Scott Goforth had already weighed them and the MT is a little lighter, 115 lbs VS 121 for the SX.

The MT is softer, but the lugs don't feel really too pliable. 4wheeler mag claims the MT measure a 25, which is considerably softer than any other sticky out there. As mentioned in other threads, the durometer reading doesn't tell the whole story.

The tread is really aggressive and I am really pleased with the aesthetics of the tire. They look like they will work awesome. I'll report back after I get them in the dirt.

I'll chime in on this since I haven't been on Hardline in a while. Last spring, I bought a new set of 43" SX stickies (I had been running DOT 43 SX's for 4 years). My buddy Dom bought the 43" Mickies. The measurements above are accurate. The SX is slightly taller. The durometer readings listed in 4wheeler mag are bullshit. The SX and the Micky both measure 45-50 on the same durometer (cheap one from amazon I bought for comparison). A DOT measured 60-70.

We both trail rode a bunch this year, and both tires have their pros & cons. I think the SX does a little better in straight rock. The Micky still does good, but the massive side lugs actually bound up my buddy's rig a couple times getting against stuff. In loose dirt climbs, the Micky is like a bogger. It just demands traction. For an all around East Coast tire, out of the box, I think the Micky Pro X is where it's at. A cut SX would be pretty a close 2nd. I have a set of 44" boggers to swap back and forth, so I'm kind of playing in both worlds (mud & rock) while Dom is doing it all with 1 set of tires.

Edit: my 44" boggers are from like '84 so they're on 15's. Yes, the sidewalls are billboards. :rolf:

Any more thoughts?

Well, it seems the 40s are out now, and I am in the market for stickies. Typically ride Choccolocco Mtn, Morris Mtn, AOP, Windrock, or similar. Debating between 39" Reds, 40" Treps, or 40" MTs. For pure rock crawling, seems Reds are hard to beat, but in the SE we inevitably have to go through mud from time to time, and have some steep, rocky, hill climbs, where these MTs might shine. Hoping there is some more feedback on the MTs since the 43"s have been out for over a year now.

Any more thoughts?

Well, it seems the 40s are out now, and I am in the market for stickies. Typically ride Choccolocco Mtn, Morris Mtn, AOP, Windrock, or similar. Debating between 39" Reds, 40" Treps, or 40" MTs. For pure rock crawling, seems Reds are hard to beat, but in the SE we inevitably have to go through mud from time to time, and have some steep, rocky, hill climbs, where these MTs might shine. Hoping there is some more feedback on the MTs since the 43"s have been out for over a year now.
I run 39 Reds and love them, but, I have a light weight buggy. I would not hesitate to run the 40 MT's. My Father In law runs the 43's and they do well. We ride the same places as you.

Any more thoughts?

I would think y'all would hate reds over there.. You don't have the rocks the west coast has. Sx would be my tire of choice over there. They perform awesome and when you leave home they will hang very well everywhere else that is red/trep country.. I was behind a set of mickeys on sledgehammer.. I couldn't see much cuz all the football sized rocks flying at me, I had to stay ducked down.. needless to say.. I'd run sx's over those but if your into excavation work.. mickeys got you covered

Last edited:
I would think y'all would hate reds over there.. You don't have the rocks the west coast has. Sx would be my tire of choice over there. They perform awesome and when you leave home they will hang very well everywhere else that is red/trep country.. I was behind a set on sledgehammer.. I couldn't see much cuz all the football sized rocks flying at me, I had to stay ducked down.. needless to say.. I'd run sx's over those but if your into excavation work.. mickeys got you covered

There isn't a 40" sx

I run 39 Reds and love them, but, I have a light weight buggy. I would not hesitate to run the 40 MT's. My Father In law runs the 43's and they do well. We ride the same places as you.

Thanks for the input. Mine is a Jeep linked on one tons. Maybe ~4500 lbs. Just guessing. The father in law a rock bouncer or rock crawler?

I would think y'all would hate reds over there.. You don't have the rocks the west coast has. Sx would be my tire of choice over there. They perform awesome and when you leave home they will hang very well everywhere else that is red/trep country.. I was behind a set on sledgehammer.. I couldn't see much cuz all the football sized rocks flying at me, I had to stay ducked down.. needless to say.. I'd run sx's over those but if your into excavation work.. mickeys got you covered
I also run reds and I don't think there is a single obstacle that the guys in our group on 42 treps or 43 tsl stickies have made that I haven't. There have been plenty that they've hammered on that I walked also. My only wish is that they were a little bigger (and didn't require a 20" wheel to do so)

I'd go SX too if they made 39-40s.

Latest posts