• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sticky Tire Test

R

rock yuppie

I am looking for some people to participate in a true tire test. I have Maxxis Creepy's on my buggy now, and will be looking for someone with reds, Iroc stickies, TSL SX Sticky's, or any other tire to test. Mine are 40" and should be able to change out with almost anyone. here's what we are looking to do.

Set up a pit area with floor jacks, stands and impact tool / sockets.

Use the same buggies to test each set of tires. Buggy needs to be 8 lug so wheels can change without breaking tires down.

Testing only for low speed technical climbs on Dirt, Loose rocks and Solid rock slabs. I do not want anyone to be doing anything that could damage someone Else's tires.

Looking for volunteers to help at the pit, be a field judge to complete simple forms based on performance of the tire being used. And an obstacle coordinator so each person knows where to start and stop. A few spotters and a couple of people to take video footage for all to share on line.

I would also like to do a wet solid rock climb test. post up what you have if you would like to participate .

Plan to ride the park after the tests are over. Spectators would be charged park entry fee, however volunteers will not be. We will be serving hot dogs and chips to volunteers for lunch. I would want to be ready to run the first test around 9:00am

wow, i really like this, while i dont have stickies- im very interested in getting some- but which one----- :dunno: , this has been the question, i loved maxxis- and see a ton of people swear by them but also have seen the tried and true reds- but dont want to follow the trend- ive seen the tsl stickies and are very interested in seeing the turn out of these since i currently have ltbs and love the way they grab- but stickies would be better IMO- im bais to the tsl- good and keep posting the turnout or info. :popcorn:

Dates not sure of yet. I was hoping to get a list of people with different tires to choose from, and then work with everybody to set the date. The park choice can be decided by the group, but will be subject to the entry fees. If we go to Mountainside the fees would be waived, and the park could use some additional support. Scott has some great ideas, but they all take money which is some what hard to have extra of during tough economic times.

The information we gain from this experience could have some really great benefits. It maybe that different length's or weights of buggy's work better with different tires, or than one is more suitable for the type of wheeling you enjoy the best.

I think mountaiside would work so i can bring out the fourwheeler, but will take the s-10 where ever else you want to go

Call me Debbie Downer, but what's the point? They all work well; the biggest factor is $$$ and availability. Interco is hit or miss, Maxxis is giraffe poon high, and BFG's are cheaper than others, but you need the racer hook up. After running sticky pro comps, maxxis, and BFG >>> they are all about the same. People who claim otherwise are selling snake oil while riding their pink unicorn.

s10me said:
I think mountaiside would work so i can bring out the fourwheeler, but will take the s-10 where ever else you want to go

Yes sir you can.

B Gillespie said:
Call me Debbie Downer, but what's the point? They all work well; the biggest factor is $$$ and availability. Interco is hit or miss, Maxxis is giraffe poon high, and BFG's are cheaper than others, but you need the racer hook up. After running sticky pro comps, maxxis, and BFG >>> they are all about the same. People who claim otherwise are selling snake oil while riding their pink unicorn.

You basically said it. Everybody will tell you that they have the best on their rig. This past weekend I was told by two different people that their stickies worked so well at Feb Frenzy that they " One shotted tub rock and never spun a tire" or " Did not ever really get into it, they just hooked up" . I got up it as well, but it took three attempts and I did get into it. Later in the day me and a buddy was discussing the approach to tub rock. His theory was to jump up on the first ledge and then go easy out the top. He did it and it worked with non sticky I-roks. I then tried apply more throttle and could not get up it doing that. Bottom line, the test is for information purposes only from a nonbias point. Not to mention the fact that It would be a day of trying out other products without making a purchase.

Video camera ready! :****: :woot: Where do I sign up at! :dunno: Hopefully I will have my 3g card by then and can up load on sight if need be.

Rescue1 said:
Video camera ready! :****: :woot: Where do I sign up at! :dunno: Hopefully I will have my 3g card by then and can up load on sight if need be.

Awesome,,,, I just got a set of SX stickies lined up and a TV production crew wanting to cover the event for a future TV show. PM me with your info and contact number so I can start getting organized enough to set a date and time with everyone. Thanks John G for the reds. Maybe we can workout a DVD for the participants of the event. thumb.gif

Just got off the phone with Mahan and he said he would defiantly be interested in being a tire changer or spotter and if I'm not mistaken Randall has a brand new set of the 43 SX stickies. Might want to try to con him into letting ya rub some of the rubber off the top of them :****: !

Scott Lang said he will be happy to supply the pit stuff and crew for the tire and wheel swap. Keep in mind, we are not breaking tires down. 8 lug wheel requirement. The climbs selected will be stuff that shows how the tires work under normal conditions without doing melt downs or insane launches. The rock bouncer guys could probably launch drag slicks up cable hill wet.

I would like to see a cut set of tsl's and boggers in the mix as well, being that so many people swear by them.

Not talkin about anyones tires, but Mountainside is my home park, unless you got 500 hp in a rock bouncin buggy, boggers suck as far as crawling a rock! watched a many of rigs with them at rev limiter! unless they hit it wide open and fly up, they just want do it! but they are are a hell of a mud tire.

Latest posts