• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sticky Tire Test

John Galbreath Jr. said:
I may if I can fit it in the schedule, when are you thinking about.

39" Reds, close to new.
I have not been to mountainside yet n would love to come. I have a set of 39 bfg's as well mounted on 8 lug race lines. I just need to get dates to make sure I can make it happen.

zukimaster said:
Not talkin about anyones tires, but Mountainside is my home park, unless you got 500 hp in a rock bouncin buggy, boggers suck as far as crawling a rock! watched a many of rigs with them at rev limiter! unless they hit it wide open and fly up, they just want do it! but they are are a hell of a mud tire.

If i recall it correctly a set of cut boggers was climbing stuff at atnea (peanut butter hole) that others was having problems with... :driving:

KPatterson: Thanks for the offer for the 47's. We will be doing side by side comparison later in the season after the rocks warm up a bit for the non-stickies.

Onealdodge: Thanks for the offer. We will contact you once we have all of the tires located to start lining up dates. Send me a PM with your contact info please.

Ghost: Once we have a date set with the rigs/owners we will post up in plenty of time for all to attend.

Yota38strong: You are correct that not all parks are the same. The common source will be wet or dry, loose rock or slabs, mostly dirt or mostly rock. Every park that I have been to have all of these conditions at some point. That is also the reason for selecting all the different surfaces as well as different type of rigs.

Thanks for everybody's comments. Feel free to post up others so we can address them.

this we'll be fun and msorp is happy to sponsor this test , i think we should try em on several style rigs (full tube, back halve rig,full body rigs and so on).

I am still on the fence about my GoodYear MTR's because I have not had them long enough and would love to participate, but my Dynatrac axles are 5 lug pattern and not 8. So if anyone else out there has the same pattern and would like to swap wheels and tires for the day, I am in. thumb.gif

Yeah i was just saying since its going to be at one park it needs to be one with all types of terrain Ive never been to msorp but Ive heard its a great park.... But if you need me to help let me know a few weeks ahead of time and i can help as much as possible.

Send me PM's if you have a rig / tires to try so we can begin to put this together. I need everyones information so we don't leave you out. Simply supply us with the following information.

A) What type of rig do you have
B) what tire make and tire size / wheel / lug pattern
C)best contact number / time of day
D) estimated weight
E) estimated lenght
F) what engine/chassis set up.

MSORP is perfect because it is the ONLY park in the southeast that has a LOT of NATURAL SOLID ROCK obstacles..........

not a just a bunch of PILED UP BOULDERS, or STEEP DIRT HILLCLIMBS :****:........BUT IT ALSO HAS ALL THAT STUFF TO.... IF THE TIRE TEST SHOULD COME TO THAT :flipoff1:

zukiscott said:
MSORP is perfect because it is the ONLY park in the southeast that has a LOT of NATURAL SOLID ROCK obstacles..........

not a just a bunch of PILED UP BOULDERS, or STEEP DIRT HILLCLIMBS :****:........BUT IT ALSO HAS ALL THAT STUFF TO.... IF THE TIRE TEST SHOULD COME TO THAT :flipoff1:

Almost right.........been to Hale Mtn yet? Athough Mtnside does have large slabs.

pachary said:
Almost right.........been to Hale Mtn yet? Athough Mtnside does have large slabs.

NO.....NOT YET.........but it is on my list of places I have,t rode at yet that I have GOT to get to :dblthumb:

We will be trying to set up some dates this weekend for the test. For those who want to be in the test whether it be to help in the pit, use your rig, or be a judge on the trail. I need to get your info. Please shoot me a PM.

Also, due to so many other rigs running 5 and 6 lug wheels, We are considering using those as well. So if you know somebody that is running sticky's in another lug patten other 8 lug, we need their info as well. The sooner we have everybodys info the better. I would really like to do this soon before the summer heat hits. So far we have MTR's, Reds, Creepy, TSL's and Pit Bulls offered up as either sticky's or almost as good that we can use for the test. We will be needing four trail judges for each obstacle that will fill out a simple tech form. Drivers will have a form to complete after each obstacle as well. We have a full pit crew ready, but could use a few more to assist the pit. We need a couple people to run a beverage cart around to the different obstacle's. I will have my Rhino there for that use, but could use one more to help out.

There will be a fireman boot placed at the entry gate for donation to the local Black Creek fire and rescue dept. They are always on hand to help at every event and have saved a couple rigs that would have burnt to the ground had they not been there. I think it is great that they come out to help protect us and our rigs while we are pushing it to the limits. Help us say thanks to these brave men and women if you can with what ever donation you feel compelled to give.

Latest posts