• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stock slip splines on a Toyota Mini Truck

L

lowbudgetjunk

I am trying to figure out how long the splines on a mini truck rear driveshaft are. I grenade a joint and took out the transfer case side of my rear driveshaft. If it is just a junkyard part, I will go and pick one up, toss in a new ujoint and rock out. I will go out and measure what I have in just a few minutes and post back up.

grcthird said:
Lemme look in the shed, probably got one you can have.

I will measure in just a bit. Damn nice day to be working in the yard. So much got done before it went and warmed up.

6.5 inches of splines and just under 11 inches total length.

What joint did you break? I went to spicers and destroyed them in no time, one broke so hard it split the slip yoke in half. Im running the creeper joints/ stock japan toy joints and no problem so far.

alscott said:
What joint did you break? I went to spicers and destroyed them in no time, one broke so hard it split the slip yoke in half. Im running the creeper joints/ stock japan toy joints and no problem so far.

I bought an upgraded joint, but don't recollect. I will do a little more research before I spend any money on whats possibly the weakest link.

Re: Re: Stock slip splines on a Toyota Mini Truck

lowbudgetjunk said:
I bought an upgraded joint, but don't recollect. I will do a little more research before I spend any money on whats possibly the weakest link.
A yota u joint/driveshaft shouldn't be the weak link when running yota axles. Virtually everything in the axle will break before the joint. I'd suggest getting ahold of a stock Japanese u joint

All I got is junk. There is an inside splined slip that I welded another one onto to make a long slip and the two outside splined pieces welded together. I put all that together and then said screw it and bought the tg long slip.

grcthird said:
All I got is junk. There is an inside splined slip that I welded another one onto to make a long slip and the two outside splined pieces welded together. I put all that together and then said screw it and bought the tg long slip.

No worries, I am still looking.

TBItoy said:
A yota u joint/driveshaft shouldn't be the weak link when running yota axles. Virtually everything in the axle will break before the joint. I'd suggest getting ahold of a stock Japanese u joint

My third should be the weak link, which is what I broke last go round. Got a v6 third in the rear now, who knows? Chromoly shafts front, stockers in the rear.

Not to derail but I assume that welded third u got from me held up and now you took out the d.shaft.
glad to see it go to use.

44BRAND said:
Not to derail but I assume that welded third u got from me held up and now you took out the d.shaft.
glad to see it go to use.

Very much so. Broke a ujoint cap and grenaded the rest of the driveshaft.