• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stoney lonesome?

socsmm6

Does anyone know what happened at Stoney lonesome? I have heard a couple of different stories
Prayers up for the families involved.

From what I read on FB:
-2 killed, several hurt
-rzr on who's your daddy flipped and hit some spectators...it was after the comp

But please don't take my word...I was not there, just what I read. Prayers for those involved

Re:

Probably won't hear alot about this....kinda like monster truck accidents and other venues that require insurance. The word gets out....insurance rates go up.

Back in my open track/ autocross days we would all be pulled aside and requested to delete any video / pix of any accidents that occurred while on track.

I was involved in a 40mph crash into a curb / Island once and never saw a single picture surface or video. Yet there were cameras everywhere.

This Stoney Lonesome case seems alot more serious....so I suspect little to no info following.

Someone posted on facebook:

Just for the people screaming helmets, to clear this up.. they were spectators. Watching a RZR doing the hill climb and it flipped multiple times. There was no reason for spectators to have helmets on, they was just standing in the wrong place at the wrong time when the RZR flipped. These families just need some good prayers

Re:

Crappy situation no doubt...I can't believe alota people get that close when I see the vids.

But it's no different than other vehicle activities I see.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

That was my spot,I sold it last week and pretty sure the driver who bought it is the one who lost control. I spoke with one who was there filming and you don't wanna know the details he told me . Far as any film you will never see any unless it's from a cell phone,both 'big'' name YouTube guys have already said it will not be published. Though the county did down load one of them and let the owner keep it. And nor was it after the event,it was however after bounty hill but during production class.

A hill climb comp..........with rzrs......on Who's Your Daddy? :gtfo: That's just asking for trouble. Rzrs shouldn't be allowed anywhere near that hill, imo.

It wasn't on bountynhill, it was a production class woods race .. edit,,with that said they have been climbing whos ya daddy on RZR's for a long time.

kmcminn said:
You are going off info that was gotten from fb. I wouldnt be surprised if that information was wrong.

I don't have Facebook. Calendar says sxs hill climb comp. I'm sorry. I should not have said anything as I wasn't there. My mother had just called and told me about and started in with "they'll probably close the park down now". It just makes me angry that as soon as someone gets hurt doing this stuff, that's the first thing I hear. It's dangerous to begin with but I've seen too many spectaters, as well as, sxs drivers put themselves in harms way and then the parks get blamed. People need to be accountable for their own actions and also know that sometimes accidents juat happen no matter how hard you try to prevent them.

Since I was supose to be there in that same class and odd things happend the week before that kept me from going I have been :woody: my head on the wall,once more names and details are released it will come to gather why :(

ANY MORE DETAILS AS TO WHAT EXACTLY HAPPOND ? AND WERE THE SPECTATORS INSIDE THE ROPED OFF AREA OR IN THE AREA THEY WERE DESIGNATED TO BE VIEWING FROM ?

RHINO660 said:
ANY MORE DETAILS AS TO WHAT EXACTLY HAPPOND ? AND WERE THE SPECTATORS INSIDE THE ROPED OFF AREA OR IN THE AREA THEY WERE DESIGNATED TO BE VIEWING FROM ?
they were in the 'safe zone'. Driver came in way way too hot.

Latest posts