• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stoney lonesome

NOTICE: During the regularly scheduled meeting of the #CullmanCounty Commission on February 27, 2018, certain updates were made to the rules and regulations of the Stony Lonesome OHV Park. Effective immediately, all park patrons must stop at the designated entrance to the trails. During this stop, a park employee will be checking to make sure that the rider's vehicle is equipped with a safety harness for all passengers, and that the safety harness is being utilized by all passengers. Additionally, the Commission has banned all coolers from the trail area of the Park.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mdo817 said:
NOTICE: During the regularly scheduled meeting of the #CullmanCounty Commission on February 27, 2018, certain updates were made to the rules and regulations of the Stony Lonesome OHV Park. Effective immediately, all park patrons must stop at the designated entrance to the trails. During this stop, a park employee will be checking to make sure that the rider's vehicle is equipped with a safety harness for all passengers, and that the safety harness is being utilized by all passengers. Additionally, the Commission has banned all coolers from the trail area of the Park.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Been a long time since we have been but they did this with the harnesses and made us watch a video before entering the park. The cooler idea is a little different but still does not stop a person from getting all drunk at camp and heading back out. I assume mostly make the ones that have no idea what an OHV park is feel better.

muddinmetal said:
Simpson Racing D3 5.3

^^^

I just looked these up, they look awesome!

Yep those are the ones. If I hadn't just bought harnesses. My new PRP are a lot more comfortable than my old ones, so that helps me want to wear them also. I am horrible at just having a lap belt on.

I'm glad they didn't close indefinitely after a bad incident. Seems like everyone wants everything regulated and banned immediately now.

I can't say I'm happy to have deputy Dan harassing me at a park but it's better than having no park.

I just read that a man was killed in Kentucky as well last Saturday night and son was ejected and sustained injuries when his Razor was said to have left the road. Police arrived and removed the Razor from on top of him and he was pronounced dead on the scene. ..... No words for this again....

ADMINISTRATOR

muddinmetal said:
All coolers or all alcohol?

If a person can't have cool water available in the middle of July out on the trails I see a problem...
I actually limit myself to 6 or eight there because its a 1 day trip for me. But i wouldnt go back if i couldnt have a cooler at all that place is freaking huge

Re:

Kinda figure they would do like windrock and just do a cooler check.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

civicmindedex79 said:
Are these the new simpson harnesses? I seen Jake Burkey talking about them. If so how do you like them?
Yes they are. We have not gone out yet. Next run is March17th. (Wife wants to gong wheeling on our wedding anniversary.)
Went with 2". Sprang for the shoulder padding.
We like them so far.

Re:

ROKTOY829 said:
Kinda figure they would do like windrock and just do a cooler check.

Grayrock just did cooler checks. I won't go back if they ban all coolers and I never carry alcohol in our cooler.

I didn't realize until today that there was lawsuits filed in the first two deaths from the race last year. They filed a suit against everyone involved according to the case papers that were published. Every county commissioner, race organizer, racer, director of park and all. I believe this is just a sledge hammer approach to appease the public that has no idea what an OHV park is about. Also I believe it is a last ditch effort to keep from closing the park. :(

civicmindedex79 said:
I didn't realize until today that there was lawsuits filed in the first two deaths from the race last year. They filed a suit against everyone involved according to the case papers that were published. Every county commissioner, race organizer, racer, director of park and all. I believe this is just a sledge hammer approach to appease the public that has no idea what an OHV park is about. Also I believe it is a last ditch effort to keep from closing the park. :(

Any park with a predominant RZR crowd is lucky to have avoided a rash of deaths like these imo

The park will eventually be closed.drinking or not .offroading is dangerous.if u refuse to wear belts u will be one of the reasons for park closures.

Do Rzrs all come with harnesses or seat belts stock? My Ranger won't go over 15 mph if I don't have my belt on. I know I can still roll under 15 mph and that seat belts aren't the best for rollovers but I think it's a pretty smart idea to get people to think about buckling up.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Stoney lonesome

onepieceatatime said:
Do Rzrs all come with harnesses or seat belts stock? My Ranger won't go over 15 mph if I don't have my belt on. I know I can still roll under 15 mph and that seat belts aren't the best for rollovers but I think it's a pretty smart idea to get people to think about buckling up.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I bought one of them cheap plugs on ebay to override that **** when I had mine. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts