• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stony Lonesome Night Ride this weekend

Question: Their rules generically state no alcohol. I've seen several parks say the same though and there is virtually no enforcement, the rule might as well not exist. Others say that and only mean on the trails. I don't generally drink and drive anyway, but is it cool if I bring some spirits for around the camp fire? Or does no alcohol mean no alcohol? I support any meaning of the rule, just want to make sure I am clear on which though. It would suck to be the only one there without and also to be the only jackass with.

I have talked to management at the park about this. The park is in a dry county but they do not check for alcohol. I would suggest a plastic cup or a koozy for the cans and enjoy the ride. If you do not make it an issue neither will the park.

patooyee said:
Question: Their rules generically state no alcohol. I've seen several parks say the same though and there is virtually no enforcement, the rule might as well not exist. Others say that and only mean on the trails. I don't generally drink and drive anyway, but is it cool if I bring some spirits for around the camp fire? Or does no alcohol mean no alcohol? I support any meaning of the rule, just want to make sure I am clear on which though. It would suck to be the only one there without and also to be the only jackass with.

Gary Smith was there if that tells you anything. Like stated earlier, if you don't flaunt it and clean up after yourself you should be fine

muddinmetal said:
Gary Smith was there if that tells you anything. Like stated earlier, if you don't flaunt it and clean up after yourself you should be fine

It does, thank you. LOL!

Do you need some suggestions for trails or you just gonna wing it?

As for not putting it on the calendar, there are night rides monthly. I didn't want to clog the calendar with all of them. This also gives us time to add more trails between each ride and widen some of the trails for full width vehicles. I have been talking with Tyler and he likes he idea of trying to make rides with a higher concentration of crawlers that he will post up.

By all means, I can possibly get a tour guide for you if you'd like me to try. It makes things a whole lot easier to find.

lowbudgetjunk said:
Do you need some suggestions for trails or you just gonna wing it?

As for not putting it on the calendar, there are night rides monthly. I didn't want to clog the calendar with all of them. This also gives us time to add more trails between each ride and widen some of the trails for full width vehicles. I have been talking with Tyler and he likes he idea of trying to make rides with a higher concentration of crawlers that he will post up.

By all means, I can possibly get a tour guide for you if you'd like me to try. It makes things a whole lot easier to find.

I hadn't planned that far ahead yet. Probably just drive into the woods and get lost, that seems to be our general MO. :) Is there a map or something? Suggestions won't go unappreciated.

e7u5unen.jpg

Here is a map that Bobby has been writing on. This does not include all of the trails, but does highlight the ones that will be the easiest to find and offer the best bang for your buck. Either I or Bobby will narrate directions on how to get to some of the harder to find trails. He might beat me to it because I have to wait to get on the iPad tomorrow.

Here's my unprofessional thoughts:

The first set of trails you come to on the left of the main trail has original rock crawling area. This is the easiest to find and has one of the most challenging trails (Hello Kitty) that has been cut in. Timbukone and Timbuktwo are here as well. Timbukone has multiple lines that offer twenty minutes of "rock crawling." Timbuktwo is progressing nicely, but just needs a constant throttle /momentum to make it to the top.

Come back out of that set of trails the way you came and take a left to head up to Bounce Em If You got Em. Stay to the right at the fork. There are three trails that offer a challenge and the furthest to the right that just takes you out and passed my next trail to be cut in. The first trail (Dog Leg) has three lines. Left is impossible/impassable, just to the right of the first rock is line two. With enough momentum you can get to the rock ledge at the top. I haven't seen anyone get over it yet. If you do, take a good video or it didn't happen. Lastly, the option on the right gives you enough traction to hammer up the hill for a proper assault on the ledge. Gas on, brain off and you should be fine.

After making/breaking/failing, head back down and look ten yards further and you will see Youtube Hill. JohnG was shut down on this one and had to back down it :flipoff1: We have cut out some more trees around the first rock, but no one has made it past that without winching to date. JohnG is the only one that attempted the rest of the hill and (with limited spotting) barely missed coming out of the top of it. Good luck and keep the camera rolling.

Since I think you are getting shut down on those two molaugh , go back down and ride up Happy Ending. It needs some tires and should be a welcome change from getting shut out. Who doesn't like a happy ending while off-roading?

The next place to head is over to 508. This houses Crawl Mama, Vendetta, 4.2 40, Gut Buster and Who's Your Daddy. Crawl Mama is a good warm up, Gut Buster is easy and then there's the other three. Who's your daddy is the Stony version of a steeper Cable Hill, albeit in its early stages. Go spin your way to the top so you can tell people about the good old days when you used to climb it. Vendetta and 4.2 40 haven't been climbed in years. The last one up it was in a dune/chain drive buggy when it was smooth. Go put some tires on them. Just remember Gary Smith only got 25% up them at full throttle in the wet and the only other buggy to try ended up on his lid.....thanks Brody :dblthumb:

On the way out, you will see some caution tape on your right. Take that trail (Valley Hill) and go try out Powder Puff. There's no room to get a run up to it, but it's fun to get a short run and Mash Yer Motor til you get to the top. Back down and finish up Valley Hill. Stay left for the next set of trails.

I would run all the way down to 411 on the main trail. There are three trails you will want to hit. The Unnamed CAOS trail, Woopow and Out of Breath. CAOS trail is a quick hitter with some decent rocks...one to two minutes and a smile, you can continue on to Woopow and Out of Breath. Out of Breath has a nekkid Pine tree at the top. Feel free to go right or left. Woopow is a hill killer hill. It's vertical and only has Hook Dirt , so bring a set of Aetna cut.......oh, never mind.

Next, I have a gift for you. Head down 418, then take a quick right on 418B. When this trail forks, stay right and take a look at Gods Gift. When dry, 800 RZRs walk this trail, John G walked it and made me pout and I fell down while spotting in the dry. Wet, this is a slip and slide. Gary Smith got wedged on a tree in the middle of the trail and just slid around to to be able to back down. Off to the right is probably an unclimbable ledge, but I trimmed the trees around it just to try and get a bouncer to give it a go. After Gods Gift, continue on 418b and stay to the right. Once right, take another right to the top of 417. You have plenty of horsepower, so you'll be fine. This is similar to Cable Hill in steepness, but is years away from being a real challenge. Turn around and follow this trail to the end and take a left.

From here, you need to meander over to 414. On this trail, you need to look for caution tape in a traingle on the left. Go left. Next Caution tape, take a right. you are now on Rock Creek. You will want to be a man, so stay to the left and help knock down the first dirt ledge. After that, flex all your muscles and hit all three lines at the first nasty spot in the Creek. Left of the tree is easiest, hugging it to the right is where the girls typically go and to the far right is where few men have gone before (insert Ellen Degeneres joke here). Finish this one up with a steroid shot by hitting the ledge to the right or :gtfo: by going the easy way heading straight ,but feeling defeat.

The next set of trails is off of 407. You'll take a left onto 407 and the first thing to do is hit the small rock Garden on your right. Why not, right? After wasting time, get back on 407 and go down and hit the Ex Wife, it's OK, I won't tell. She's pretty easy these days after Stevo wrecked her forwards and then, in front of a crowd mind you, did her in reverse while sloppy wet after two guys already failed. I don't know about that Stevo guy he's just not right. Right accross the street is Square Peg Round Hole. We need to dump some more rocks down that trail, but I'd appreciate it if you burned $1's worth on it. Bobby's World might be too narrow for you, but only one way to find out. Don't forget to take a right halfway up or it won't be pretty.

The last real suggestion I have is a little further down on 407. Take a left on 408 and stay left. This is pretty nasty when really wet, but is a cake walk when dry. I hope it is a little wet, just to make it interesting, but not impossible.

This is not an all encompassing list of things to do. I just tried to make a list of what I would take a first timer on so as not to just trail ride. If I were riding personally, I'd never be on the main trail, but the pig trails we ride aren't all on the map and Bobby usually leads us so it is almost like cheating. Bobby is indisposed and I am borderline divorced if I spend any more time at this park before my little one gets here.

Something you could do, that is welcome for all to do is: write down suggestions for trails, things to make the park better or even gripes and complaints. Not only that though, tell the staff. I am but a mere volunteer and have no say in anything. I wrote a decent email and they have let me run wild with a chain saw. I think they must be crazy, but the thing that will drive this park to be better is overall consumer happiness and repeat business. Pay it forward by giving good feedback :dblthumb:

patooyee said:
Thanks, I'm going to print all this and take it with me.

Good deal. Take some notes and report back on your findings. So far everyone has been pretty honest about things. Two or three gave me some criticism on a couple trails and they were right. Problems already taken care of and hopefully next time they are out they see the changes. Praise is all great and wonderful, but criticism/ideas/opinions is what will spur on the work that we do. If you think it's perfect, I'll quit cutting :)

Maybe my ramblings will make good sense when you get on the trail. As well, you may have one of the park guys coming out to show you around. As long as Tyler doesn't have too much work going on, he will be a good tour guide. If I don't make it, ask for him at the office.

BTW, going to be chilly this weekend. They do sell firewood and I have left enough on the trails mentioned you could burn it for a couple of years and not get all of it.

rednecklights said:
Rather we will be there or another event , pending weather we may just take the jk again so lil man can go... lowbudgetjunk will you suggest a few trails that we could enjoy in yeller?

Bobby saw the Jeep.....I'll let him take a good stab at it. JJ would probably be ok with a sapling scraping the side of his rig. I wouldn't put you on anything that I wasn't 100% certain that you'd come out with all your paint.

Bobby!!!!! :fish:

My buddy has been playing phone tag trying to get a hold of someone to discuss the cabins for rent on the property. We're leaving out tomorrow and kind fo want to get our sleeping arrangements made before we leave. Was wondering if someone could PM me about this if they don't want to post pricing?

patooyee said:
My buddy has been playing phone tag trying to get a hold of someone to discuss the cabins for rent on the property. We're leaving out tomorrow and kind fo want to get our sleeping arrangements made before we leave. Was wondering if someone could PM me about this if they don't want to post pricing?

How many nights? I'll call Tyler direct.

Fri. & Sat. for sure, possibly Thurs night also. Need to sleep 3 dudes without snuggling. :puke: