• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stony Lonesome Night Ride this weekend

patooyee said:
I'm not aware of any other pics or vids. Maybe The Boss got some, but I don't think so.

I don't have many suggestions for the park to be honest. Its already one of the nicest ones I've been to, it has plenty of stuff for the 4x4's to do. We spent all day Fri. for the most part riding and only saw like half of the park. I'm no good at reading maps butThe Boss is and even he had a hard time keeping track of where we were. But the thing is that the maps ya'll have are some of the best ones of any of the parks I've been to. They're just so detailed with so many trails its a little confusing. You definitely need to have a numbered legend or something so that we can use trail names to judge where we are. That would probably be the biggest thing. There were tons of times where we were sitting in front of a named trail but had no way to tell which red line it was on the map. That's really my only gripe. I'll definitely be back to stay in a cabin again. Maybe not when its so cold though! :)

I got a few of you and Denis but none of me. I will get some clips to you next time I see you. Got a pic of 4 sheered L9s :eek: Couple clips with ice on the trail. Friday was COLD!

As for park suggestions, I really enjoyed the park but had a few suggestions. The big long hill climbs are great and there are quite a few. Most all the climbs are very new and the ruts haven't hit rock in most sections so who knows what they will look like after a few big rides. We moved some serious dirt down the hill Friday alone with three rigs. I would really like to see more short rock climbs like the last video. I am not anxious to take a tumble like JJ that far down a hill. However, I dont mind a roll or two to the bottom if it happens on a shorter hill. A few examples of similar climbs from two other parks everybody likes would be RBD, Vnotch, punisher, tub rock, bunny slope, bents and dents ect... Those are the type that most people can enjoy and really put on a beatdown with out worrying about a major crash. Rock gardens or trails with boulders to get twisted up and crawl are great if that exists on the property. We didnt get to see all the good trails and didnt really pay attention to where a location for a new climb would be. Next trip out I will take Tylers advise and keep my eyes open for opportunities. This park has huge potential especially due to the people running and working on it.

As for the maps. I did have a hard time figuring out where I was on the map based on the trail numbers once off the main road. However, I pulled Google maps up on my phone while on the trail a few times Sat and figured the park out pretty quick. The roads really stand out extremely well on the satellite view.

The-Boss said:
I got a few of you and Denis but none of me. I will get some clips to you next time I see you. Got a pic of 4 sheered L9s :eek: Couple clips with ice on the trail. Friday was COLD!

As for park suggestions, I really enjoyed the park but had a few suggestions. The big long hill climbs are great and there are quite a few. Most all the climbs are very new and the ruts haven't hit rock in most sections so who knows what they will look like after a few big rides. We moved some serious dirt down the hill Friday alone with three rigs. I would really like to see more short rock climbs like the last video. I am not anxious to take a tumble like JJ that far down a hill. However, I dont mind a roll or two to the bottom if it happens on a shorter hill. A few examples of similar climbs from two other parks everybody likes would be RBD, Vnotch, punisher, tub rock, bunny slope, bents and dents ect... Those are the type that most people can enjoy and really put on a beatdown with out worrying about a major crash. Rock gardens or trails with boulders to get twisted up and crawl are great if that exists on the property. We didnt get to see all the good trails and didnt really pay attention to where a location for a new climb would be. Next trip out I will take Tylers advise and keep my eyes open for opportunities. This park has huge potential especially due to the people running and working on it.

As for the maps. I did have a hard time figuring out where I was on the map based on the trail numbers once off the main road. However, I pulled Google maps up on my phone while on the trail a few times Sat and figured the park out pretty quick. The roads really stand out extremely well on the satellite view.

There are a good bit that look like that last one already for you to hit. That's why I was upset about not being able to take you guys around. There are over ten like that all in one little section on 406.

Yea a guide would have been great. That one was around 406. There was one on the right side of it that still had to much slick dirt to climb. We saw a few dirt climbs around there but missed any other similar rocks to hit. Looking forward to seeing the rest next time.

Latest posts