• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Street Legal TJ Crawler on Tons - $16,500

kvom

2000 red Jeep TJ with clean registered title; passed GA emissions in May 2022. I bought this Jeep in 2009 as a backup to my buggy in order to make a trip to Moab. Jeep had been partially built when I got it, but added winch and plate and cage.

Photo album here: https://pbase.com/kvom/red_tj

Main use since has been as fun vehicle for driving around town with some wheeling when buggy was in the shop. On account of my age I have given up wheeling. Other than engine start one day a month, it hasn't been driven for the past 2 years. The gas tank was drained of old gasoline.

I have a trailer for $1400 that can be bought with the Jeep, but I won't sell it before Jeep goes.

Stock 6-cylinder engine and 3 speed auto transmission. Fan is 2-speed from a Taurus. Cold AC. New battery and crank position sensor.

157K miles on the odometer but original speedo gear, so actual mileage will be somewhat greater. However, miles driven since conversion from stock is very low. I have driven it with speedometer at 75 on GA 400, which I guess is 60+, but that's as far as I'd push with these tires.

Atlas 4.0 transfer case

Front axle Dana 60 with ball joints, Warn premium hubs, Detroit locker, 4.88 gears, 4-link suspension but has passenger upper link removed for better flex. Hydro assist steering.

Rear axle Dana 70 UD with ARB locker, 4.88 gears, 4-link suspension

I do not know what vehicle(s) these axles came from, although Dodge van is likely.

King coil overs all 4 corners.

37" Pitbull tires on black soft 8 wheels. 3/8" tread all around (5/8" new). Spare 37" new Pitbull on swingout tire carrier. While good for rocks, these tires are loud on pavement. Jeep can mount 40" tires although they look out of proportion to me.

100" wheelbase, 69" between centers of front tires, 74" height.

Lots of armor, including heavy rear tire carrier, rear corners, sliders, steel fenders and front bumper. Belly plate was fabricated from DOM tube. Jeep can be beat on hard without much concern.

Custom DOM cage; 4 point harnesses. Corbeau seats fold forward. Shoulder bar has clamps to carry hi-lift jack inside. Rear compartment has large Rubbermaid container on Swag bracket for storage.

LED turn signals, brake lights, and tag light. Working wipers. Windshield washers are present, but Jeep has never had a fluid container since I've owned it. Standard headlights. If new owner wants to night ride a light bar would be highly recommended.

Warn XD9000i winch with rope and thimble. Tow strap, clevis, and tree saver included.

Half hard doors that are not original and don't have keys.

CB with Firestick antenna. Will include handheld GMRS radio.

AM-FM radio with stock speakers.

Issues

Windshield glass has scuffs; No working interior rear view mirror or light as they were disconnected to install the cage. Radio has wiring issue requiring removal of the plastic dash panel. Needs windshield fluid container. Winch rope is 8 years old and hasn't had many pulls, but it's also seen a lot of sunlight. Fluids should be changed. Rear soft window zippers are stuck on one side.

41D08D52-7006-45F4-9F44-96D64C8228AE.jpeg
F40C64AA-BB66-43A7-9161-48E3E68BDD30.jpeg
BC179A37-D604-470A-BA2C-BDF987AEC21E.jpeg
6FB7D54F-A1B8-47F8-9E3A-548E91B140A5.jpeg